Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
jsut bought me and my son the whole kit

300GB external HD (16MB cache)
usbextreme discs

just wondered what the thoughts was about this method i have read alot of negatives about it and the movie scenes chopping, also read this was pre USB 2.0 version or somthing, anyway not to bothered about the movie scenes myself and if the games good enough ill buy it ;)

found a great site yesterday that shows what games are compatable with USBEXTREME and also the patches available for games that are not.

im not bothered really about the whole if it works as i got a good price on the drive and always wanted one anyhow ;)

and paid 20 quid for the usbextreme discs (got ripped off or ok ?>??)

Regards
Mickie D

Mickie D said:
jsut bought me and my son the whole kit

300GB external HD (16MB cache)
usbextreme discs

just wondered what the thoughts was about this method i have read alot of negatives about it and the movie scenes chopping, also read this was pre USB 2.0 version or somthing, anyway not to bothered about the movie scenes myself and if the games good enough ill buy it ;)

USB extreme runs fine on my Satin Silver PS2. But I don't have access to a lot of games (only got my originals on the hdd at the mo').

Mickie D said:
found a great site yesterday that shows what games are compatable with USBEXTREME and also the patches available for games that are not.

Please PM me where? I cannot get Burnout 2 to backup and have to run it from the original disc...

Mickie D said:
paid 20 quid for the usbextreme discs (got ripped off or ok ?>??)

Paid about the same myself.

hiya i am a proper novice whats does all this kit do

bash687 said:

i dunno yet bash as i have ordered this and its not turned up yet :(... annoyed a bit :(

Mickie D said:
http://www.xafiers-home.com/ps2/gamelist.php

use this to find compatable games

Thanks Mickie, looks like burnout 2 doesn't work with usb extreme at the moment :(

bash687 said:
It allows you to play backed-up games on your PS2 via a boot disc (which goes in the cd tray of your PS2) and a usb hard disc (which plugs into one of the USB ports on your PS2).

USB hard discs are avalible from the likes of PC World, go for at least 120Gig (keep an eye on the bargain basement)

Check whether you need USBeXtreme or HDAdvance here: http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_advance_usb_extreme_comparison.htm (the model version of your PS2 is stated on the silver sticker on the bottom of your PS2). You can find where to purchace the boot discs for HDAdvance or USBeXtreme from the 'Where to buy' link on the above site. The software needed to back-up your games on to the hard drive is avalible for download from the above website also.

If you need more help just ask.

Back