USB TV Media Player.

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these.

We have a TV that has no USB, but wish to view movies from an USB HD.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Or can you advise on an alternative solution?

some dvd players have usb input or do you have a games console plugged in, that might be a way to get it on there.

The only other way would be a tablet/laptop. But that looks a nifty bit of kit and its small and not too dear.

What about one of the sumvision media players? quite a few of them will accept a USB device containing films etc.. or SD card. They are reasonably cheap and available on amazon without waiting for them to come from China.

As an example the Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2+ will play every type of video format with every resolution upto 1080p. Will read SD card or USB hard drive/flash drive formatted fat, fat32 or ntsc (so you can use full blu-ray rips over 4gb).

£23 inc post from amazon in the UK (if that any help).

Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2+ Full HD HDMI 1080p Multi: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

@MH does the tv have hdmi socket?

If it has, You could buy one of the m8 media players for about £35, has usb inputs and a lot more if you have wifi on site. If You have there has just been a thread to a cheap m8 box in the streaming section.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MH does the tv have hdmi socket?

If it has, You could buy one of the m8 media players for about £35, has usb inputs and a lot more if you have wifi on site. If You have there has just been a thread to a cheap m8 box in the streaming section.
Sorry for the delay.

Yes it does.

The post about the cheap m8 box, was posted by Magnu420 HERE, but they have gone up in price to £42 now, but with this you will be able to play all video/audio formats. and if You are near a wifi source be able to stream from xbmc or android.

Is this still the best one to go for. I notice the android is an old version as is XBMC (not Kodi).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00P68196U/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_iD04vbAS88YXE

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Think of it as a computer and xbmc or kodi is the operating system, they are all software upgradable,
So xbmc = win 7 and kodi = win 10

Again same as a computer with the memory, processor, hard disc space and quality of components.

£30 will get you fire stick with 1mb ram and 8gb hard disk space

£40 will get you an M8 with 2gb of ram and 8gb hard disk space

£80 will get you T8 with same specs as the M8 but with the fastest processor available

Then you have better ones still for even more money but the three boxes above do the job admirably.

for that kind of money I would rather go for one of these

Code:

Or the latest version of the T8

They are both the same with

RAM: 2GB
eMMC Flash: 16GB
Processor Frequency: 2.0GHz

But one is £17 cheaper

My personal view is for £87.99

this new v3 T8 Amlogic S812 is the best android TV box on the market today

But I don't know if these sellers are any good

Code:

Zoomtak_T8s_Plus.jpg

Amlogic_S812_SATA.jpg

Thanks @idrob, I don't really need the best its just something decent to allow me to play movies etc when I am away from home from an external drive.

@MH You can set up another gmail, and playstore account just for your android box. The box you've bought looks nice, at first I thought You had got one with no usb ports, until I read the info at the bottom of the page. :)

should be fine for playing all you're movie files, I would recommend You get an airmouse for it, as if it is like mine the remotes are a little rubbish.

I got a couple of these for my droid boxes highly recomend also get the type with left/right mouse button on left side of keyboard

Fleabay item number

sent from 2 tin cans and some string

Back