USB stick not working

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
My flash drive has stopped working. When I plug it in I can see all the content but it's not accessible, won't work

Can anyone help

Yea it won't even appear on my main laptop which is MacBook.

I use this drive everyday on the mac

you could try reformatting it but that will cause you to loose everything on it. More than likely it at the end of life. i had 2 usb boot drives go in a server in the space of a week, you really cant trust them. they only have a certain amount of R/W before they die.

I have people coming to me pretty much every day with USB drive issues, i always recommend to use cloud storage as its far more safe. you get 15GB of storage with a gmail account. its worth just making a fake account for the 15GB storage alone, plus u dont have to rely on bringing out a USB stick which can be easily lost and you can access the cloud storage on pretty much any device with internet access.

What do you mean it is not accessible? Do you see the files but cannot open them? Can you copy them? Are there any errors? permission errors?

Just says location not available, can see files ok but can't access them.

Best bet would be to try it in a Linux environment, download a Live Iso such as Ubuntu and see if you can copy the files to another device from in there.

by the way was this purchased from ebay ?

Back