USB/Ethernet MAC spoofing

pootas

Inactive User
Reaction score
Say for instance you had a subbed modem running off the USB connection on a PC...If you replace that with a cloned modem using the ethernet connection do you actually have to spoof the MAC of the NIC??

Just wondering if the modem registers the NIC's MAC even if it hasn't been used...

And yes before anyone says it I know it's best to spoof it anyways I was just wondering ;)

Say for instance you had a subbed modem running off the USB connection on a PC...If you replace that with a cloned modem using the ethernet connection do you actually have to spoof the MAC of the NIC??

Just wondering if the modem registers the NIC's MAC even if it hasn't been used...

And yes before anyone says it I know it's best to spoof it anyways I was just wondering ;)
if u gonna use a network card then no but if u gonna use the usb connection then yes... better to be safe than sorry what mommy used to say

oh wait..actually that would be a new usb connect might not need to but just to be on the safe check the physical addresses of both usb to see if ther the same then if they r u know what u got to do

Last edited:

no you dont have to spoof it in this instance.
you only have to spoof your NIC if you have used a subbed modem on the same NIC your gona use the clone.

Back