USAL on OpenATV solo 4k

Profoundman

Inactive User
Reaction score
An other question for those who own USAL motor for dish.
I've configued my Solo 4K to USAL and it's working. However is there a way to adjust the satelite dish from the device while still seeing the video from the TV? I've tried to use the positioner though I can move the dish, but can't seem to save when on usal.

regards,

I've configued my Solo 4K to USAL and it's working. However is there a way to adjust the satelite dish from the device while still seeing the video from the TV? I've tried to use the positioner though I can move the dish, but can't seem to save when on usal.

regards,

You cannot alter or fine tune a satellite while using the USALS system it is fixed to use your GPS co-ordinates only, if you want to fine tune certain satellites then you can use a mixture of both USALS and Diseqc 1.2 on a Linux receiver.

You would use USALS for the Strong satellites such as 19.2,28.2 etc.. and diseqc 1.2 for Sats such as 10 east, 7 west etc..

regards,
Sometimes usals doesn't get me maximum signal levels so I manually tweak my satellites after usals has got me locked or near to the desired satellites . The way I tweak my satellites is as follows - If you are happy with the arc of your dish outside , and u have usuals setup on your box, (my setup is on openatv image receiver) - tuner setting - Advanced - send motor to the satellite you want to fine tune then go to - setup /service searching/positioner setup/ (you should see your signal level moving up and down) go to "fine movements" press green button to step west or yellow button to step east ( if you step west and your signal gets worse then stop and start stepping east ) just keep stepping until you get the maximum signal , when you are happy with your signal level scroll down to " memory index" and input a number for this satellite ( I put the position of the satellite - 28e number 28 - 13e number 13 and so on ) then press green button to save , exit out of positioner setup and go to tuner configuration - choose the tuner u are using then choose the satellite you have just tweaked in positioner , scroll down the page to " use usals for this satellite - change to NO , scroll to stored position and input the number of the satellite you tweaked , press ok to save and exit out to your tv screen and start watching tv, next time you move your dish it will go to the tweaked position , it can be time consuming but it's all part of the hobby. (Octagon SF8004)

Sometimes usals doesn't get me maximum signal levels so I manually tweak my satellites after usals has got me locked or near to the desired satellites . The way I tweak my satellites is as follows - If you are happy with the arc of your dish outside , and u have usuals setup on your box, (my setup is on openatv image receiver) - tuner setting - Advanced - send motor to the satellite you want to fine tune then go to - setup /service searching/positioner setup/ (you should see your signal level moving up and down) go to "fine movements" press green button to step west or yellow button to step east ( if you step west and your signal gets worse then stop and start stepping east ) just keep stepping until you get the maximum signal , when you are happy with your signal level scroll down to " memory index" and input a number for this satellite ( I put the position of the satellite - 28e number 28 - 13e number 13 and so on ) then press green button to save , exit out of positioner setup and go to tuner configuration - choose the tuner u are using then choose the satellite you have just tweaked in positioner , scroll down the page to " use usals for this satellite - change to NO , scroll to stored position and input the number of the satellite you tweaked , press ok to save and exit out to your tv screen and start watching tv, next time you move your dish it will go to the tweaked position , it can be time consuming but it's all part of the hobby. (Octagon SF8004)

Awesome... thank you for the tips. I am new to Linux based receiver. I am also using openatv. I came from the world of non-Linux technomate. Suddenly I feel like there is a whole new universe :)

Back