USA Gun laws

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you can own a gun in the US, but does that mean you can carry it in public?

red states are much more open with laws (texas) while other states like mine (NY) They make it almost impossible to get a concealed carry

red states are much more open with laws (texas) while other states like mine (NY) They make it almost impossible to get a concealed carry

Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws around, but people just go across to the next state, buy a gun legally then bring it back to Chicago. Sadly, there is no quick solution to this problem with the amount of guns in circulation, even if they outlawed them, there would still be millions in circulation.

My biggest question, is and has always been, why do you need a semi automatic rifle (AR-15 for instance). In what scenario do you require one of these, and please don't say the feral hog problem, as that's already been disproven.

My biggest question, is and has always been, why do you need a semi automatic rifle (AR-15 for instance). In what scenario do you require one of these, and please don't say the feral hog problem, as that's already been disproven.

It's a hobby for a lot of people. They like the hardware and shooting things.

There are people who collect swords and knives, they can also be used for bad purposes, some people just like having them.

It's a hobby for a lot of people. They like the hardware and shooting things.

There are people who collect swords and knives, they can also be used for bad purposes, some people just like having them.

I dont disagree with the hobby side of things, but again in what scenario do you need an auto/semi auto rifle that is military grade.

People do collect swords/knives, but i'd say categorically that you're going to struggle to kill more than 10 people with a knife/sword before you're taken down. With an AR15 you can easily kill 30-50 people in a few seconds.

I dont disagree with the hobby side of things, but again in what scenario do you need an auto/semi auto rifle that is military grade.

People do collect swords/knives, but i'd say categorically that you're going to struggle to kill more than 10 people with a knife/sword before you're taken down. With an AR15 you can easily kill 30-50 people in a few seconds.

I'm just about to go out but I've seen a few videos of target shooting where semi/automatics were used. It'd not a case of "needing" one, it's a case of freedom to own one, in the USA.

I'd have all sorts of firearms if the law allowed me to have them. Doesn't mean that I'm going to go off-it and massacre people though.

I'm just about to go out but I've seen a few videos of target shooting where semi/automatics were used. It'd not a case of "needing" one, it's a case of freedom to own one, in the USA.

I'd have all sorts of firearms if the law allowed me to have them. Doesn't mean that I'm going to go off-it and massacre people though.

2nd amendment? Which was written when it took you 10 mins to load your long rifle and shoot. Not shoot 60 bullets every 30 seconds.

You can of course own guns legally within the UK, however, you've to have a license, and keep them in a locked cabinet. Let's take the London bridge attacks yesterday, had the terrorist had an AR-15 for instance, there would've been a lot more people than 2 dead. More people are killed by mass shootings in the US than are killed by terrorists.

If these kids didn't have access to these high powered guns, then they wouldn't be able to commit mass murder. It only takes 1 psycho, nevermind the rest of the population being law abiding citizens like yourself spectre.

2nd amendment? Which was written when it took you 10 mins to load your long rifle and shoot. Not shoot 60 bullets every 30 seconds.

You can of course own guns legally within the UK, however, you've to have a license, and keep them in a locked cabinet. Let's take the London bridge attacks yesterday, had the terrorist had an AR-15 for instance, there would've been a lot more people than 2 dead. More people are killed by mass shootings in the US than are killed by terrorists.

If these kids didn't have access to these high powered guns, then they wouldn't be able to commit mass murder. It only takes 1 psycho, nevermind the rest of the population being law abiding citizens like yourself spectre.
I thought in the UK, any firearms (with the exception of shotguns) had to be kept at your local gunclub/ firing range)? and any assault rifles etc had to be handed in to the police, at the owners expense.
I also seem to remember a ban on fully automatic weapons (USA), but I'm sure that could be circumvented. Isn't it just a slight mod to the trigger mechanism?
(I've seen fully automatic pistols lol)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought in the UK, any firearms (with the exception of shotguns) had to be kept at your local gunclub/ firing range)? and any assault rifles etc had to be handed in to the police, at the owners expense.
I also seem to remember a ban on fully automatic weapons (USA), but I'm sure that could be circumvented. Isn't it just a slight mod to the trigger mechanism?
(I've seen fully automatic pistols lol)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They are legal if made before 1986

Back