URGENT ! - Starview clones !

Clone 260 Uploaded

Now posted the modified 260 firmware for the clone boxes.

it is (of course) in the download section

enjoy

gutted!!!!!!!!!.thanks for the quick reply,that all makes sense,it looks like ive been well and truely shafted!!!!!,is there any way we can bring these boxes back to life?,kind regards mark

Yes you may be able to revive your box look around this forum for the famous JTAG, this may solve your probelm

Clone Or not???

Hi the starview box Ive got in discription resembles that of the clones, when i flashed it with 2.60ee safe for clones it killed it.
I then loaded the flash 3.00 for originals and turned the main power off the box as soon as i turned it back on i clicked on the flash button to update 3.00 on to what looks like a clone to me............guess what it worked.
If it works for anyone else please post info thanx.
IF ANY1 WANTS TO TRY THIS PLEASE TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Hi the starview box Ive got in discription resembles that of the clones, when i flashed it with 2.60ee safe for clones it killed it.
I then loaded the flash 3.00 for originals and turned the main power off the box as soon as i turned it back on i clicked on the flash button to update 3.00 on to what looks like a clone to me............guess what it worked.
If it works for anyone else please post info thanx.
IF ANY1 WANTS TO TRY THIS PLEASE TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I have flashed two proper boxes and one clone with 3.00 all work fine and update automatically.seems safe enough

blanno

the 2 boxes that were updated with the version 3.00 software are they still working because i had one and after it ran the version 3.00 for 6 days it died?

i think the way to test them is just to pull the plug out of the wall socket they then wont reboot. my one upstairs didnt but the one downstairs working ok
oscar

Clone died with 3.00 friendly version

Exactly 7 days my clone has died on 3.00, it happened accidentally when my boys took out the starview plug out instead of their xbox plug:FRIGHT:

7 days and its died after unplugging box v3 clone safe flashed last friday looks like i will have to get a jtag of flee bay as my soldering skills are limited
would advise anyone who flashed a clone box not to unpug it and reflash asap with old firmware

enyone knows if this item wil as its do solderless
http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com/twenty_way_jtag_pogo_interface.htm

Last edited:
no m8 no good you will need the solder 1 on ebay under starview jtag. It is not up on www.tailor-madecircuits.com site only on ebay. so do not end up buying the wrong as you will waste more money. It is also made by tailor-madecircuits.

tmc

starview V3.00 killing boxs - Today, 21:32 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my 2 bros have just called to say there starview have went off, contacted guy i got them from, and he has had lots of calls today,,visited his forum, and he has withdrawn latest version from d/loads, and asked us allto revert back to 2.57e,,,gonna refund everyone,also as im writing this,,my sis inlaw also same,,dead box,,no display,,nothing..

here what he said

STARVIEW USERS PLEASE READ
ATTENTION ALL STARVIEW USERS

we at ********* have decided to withdraw v3.00 from our forum as it has cause so many problems...

please can everyone revert back to 257eE if you are a telewest customer ......and ntl back to 258eE...

all boxes should now autoroll with all the latest keys

this is affected from 18.45 8th june 2007

all boxes bought from ******* have a 12 month warranty

we are offering all people with faulty boxes a refund or the option to upgrade to Eurovox for £55 which is a £20 discount on our retail price, I believe this Reconfirms ******** total commitment to members.?

thank you very much for your attention

thanks i have seen the solderless on on ebay by tailor made just thought the solderless one may do if the pins matched up
will have to have a go and solder i think my iorns that old u need a coal fire to heat it

Cheers

The solderless is not the same type of JTAG

You need a specific starview one. There are no solderless options for this yet.

yes mate you can fetch it back but u need a jtagg lead which you can get from tmc mate in leicester

btw cable and sat are selling fakes, they recon they are good ones thou?? £63+ £6 delivery.

do clones still power up when they have died

alright all.
RE clones . when you say the box has died do you all mean it wont even power up any more.

The trojan in the later firmwares effectively erases the flash memory in clone boxes. Without a programmed flash the box is basically a doorstop unless you can re-program the flash. Luckily, thats where the Jtag device comes in.........

hi can anyone point me in the direction of some member who fixes dead starview boxes it needs jtag and not got the time or patiance to do it myself. thanks rich

Back