URGENT HELP - Wii now not playing anything ????

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

Fitted a Wii with an Argon 1.8 f/w, used the VIA method, checked it with backup of wii sports and booted fine.

The Wii was on 2.1E f/w so connected to net, updated to latest f/w, boxed up.

Just checked it now and i get a black screen saying ' error has occured, shutdown wii etc'

I get this with original and backups ?

Any idea what this could be ? Is it f/w related or do i need to check connections.

First time i have come across this ?

Thanks

Sounds like the laser is on its way out m8 if its doing this with originals , try giving the laser a clean see if that helps .

It does not even spin up to read the disc though ?

Just spoke to owner and said had prob before even with origs. Tweaked laser and working fine now..

Ta

thanks for the update ...

always nice to know there was a problem before the install...

just done an argon and no go... checked everything and still a problem... removed chip same issue

rang customer - answer was ... :-

me - 'just tried your wii BEFORE i fit argon, it has problems reading disks'
customer - ' no it doesnt, it was working fine before you took it apart '
me (lying here as the install was perfect' ' i havent took it apart yet '
customer - 'oh right, sorry... my kid did mention it wouldnt read his disks and i thought modding it would cure the problem'

so - always check they work fine first :)

regards
jase

Yes always tell the customer on arrival the first thing I will do is play orgiinal games to check, I am happy the Wii works ok, before any other work is done.
When I had Ps2solutions and was in the Bargain pages I had so many try it on and the first thing i did on front of them was play a game, so many would try to go and make a excuse to go before i tried it and when it did not work, they would say it was, working when I left home.
I just had to explain that before they left I had to see the console working it always cost them more for trying it on.

Exactly same as me asked the father said 'ALL FINE NO PROBS' , then kid chirped up in the back of the car saying ' dad it does not play discs all the time, have to try loas of times'.

Anyway set pot at 6K and playing everythying.

can you do a quick tut on tweaking pot on wii ie were tp measure resisance...

I have a tutorial for it, not sure if there is one in the stickys. PM me email addy and i will mail you it.

my wii didnt play anything ,i t was the laser... but got new one fitted all sorted now

Back