upload speed

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have three modems running using wingate, i am experimenting with upload speeds, as you can see fromn the picture i am uploading 4.36gb of data, usually on 10mb this will take 24 hours, i have halved the speed to 12 hours with three modems on seperate nics using wingate, its not quite the speed i expected but still very good, the rate yoyo's quite a bit and i am not sure if its because it is peek time....i can add another modem via a usb ethernet adapter but this usally bottlenecks and slow it down even more....im wondering if a multi wan router would do a better job than wingate, given that the modems are connected to sperate nic cards...what do you think ??

upload.jpg

Well, i have been to work and come back and it said there was 5 hours to go, my working night is 7 seven hours so that adds up, i then realised i hadnt changed the configs to the higher upload config of cm-4096-512 DOH!. i stopped wingate and changed all modem configs and when i restarted wingate the remaining time has dropped to just over 3 hours...i really need to perform the experiment again from scratch but this time running the higher upload config.

Back