Upgraded files.... vb version... please read

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have upgraded the files in the system to the latest version of vbulletin 3 series... before we move over to vb4 in a month or so.

I am trying to get the site stable and the latest files should be the right way to go...

There will be missing sections until I can get it all back to normal again.

Should be all sorted by tomorrow but its late now and need to go to bed lmao.

Regards
Mickie D

cheers mickie was just going to click thanks button, but its gone :)

nice 1 mate , thanks for you hard work

No problem biffo :)

There will be some issues like shoutbox, messenger, etc not working because I need to add them back...

Would be nice if members could benchmark the page loadings etc today while I am at work.

Let me know if its slow or what today, then we can add say one mod a day and see if the hacks (IE shoutbox) are causing the problems etc.

Apart from the SEO hack there is nothing on here at the moment, so lets see how the site runs with the basic forum form.#

PS do not forgot on certains hours the site does a backup and locks the database so if its slow at SAY 11:00 13:00 21:00 and so on it will be a backup and not the functioning of the servers.

Regards
Mickie

Thanks Mickie i'm glad the arcades off a while.Every blooming time i get a high score that flipping Totalgenius gets it right back arrrrrrr!!!!! lmao..

No problem biffo :)

There will be some issues like shoutbox, messenger, etc not working because I need to add them back...

Would be nice if members could benchmark the page loadings etc today while I am at work.

Let me know if its slow or what today, then we can add say one mod a day and see if the hacks (IE shoutbox) are causing the problems etc.

Apart from the SEO hack there is nothing on here at the moment, so lets see how the site runs with the basic forum form.#

PS do not forgot on certains hours the site does a backup and locks the database so if its slow at SAY 11:00 13:00 21:00 and so on it will be a backup and not the functioning of the servers.

Regards
Mickie

for me mate pages are loading a lot quicker so im really happy nice 1

looking good..

thoght dw had died as im bookmarked to realtime posts and its not there lol

:D

Nice 1 Mickie are we going to get the skins back tho? ;)

I use it, but i'm not a fan of it :) I think it's something we can do without.

Same here. It would be fine if used properly, but it often just becomes a tool for fanboys and fellow-travellers.

(and I think we're all guilty of that.)

Last edited:
defo searching seems quicker/works now. vb4 looks like it has some nice touches - just miss my fav skin :(

i agree that the thanks button isn't really necessary. I'd prefer to see the shoutbox back ;)

I think the thanks button is OK for just acknowledging a post in someway instead of replying to it and filling the database up with another post just to say 'nice one' or what have you.

You're always going to get people who see thanks, rep or post count as akin to a high score on Space Invaders, just thought it was handy and convenient myself.

Back