upgrade win 10 home to pro for free

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
got a Laptop with Win 10 home on it, want to use bitocker but only comes with Pro

anyway to upgrade it for free without doing a full reinstal

got this done, for anyone interested i all you need is a Win 7 Pro license key, then in Win 10 change key to win 7 Pro and voila upgraded to Win 10 Pro

got this done, for anyone interested i all you need is a Win 7 Pro license key, then in Win 10 change key to win 7 Pro and voila upgraded to Win 10 Pro

Personally I would downgrade to 7 from 10. Or even better get a mac or install linux :p

+1 to @janobi - I actively develop and am a tenured MSDN fellow, and I can tell you that whilst convenient (because it's integrated into the OS) BitLocker has some relative security drawbacks [which shall not be made public], but suffice it be said, use Veracrypt or similar if you're looking for a little more "bulletproof-ness". Akin to this thought, if your intention is to be able to operate with WebDAV capabilities, you'll never be 100% secured, no matter the software and/or hardware components (at this time), and your selection(s) for such supporting titles is significantly more limited.

If you know what you want to secure, have a look-see at the following document. You should glean a general scope of [what] spec you'll need to protect yourself most: NIAP CPP Document - Collab. NIST SP 800-53

Hope this helps.

buy an old win 7 pro coa and use that to upgrade - chepest way to get a legit licence

I bought one last for £4 : delivered within a minute (and worked..)

I have been able to upgrade to PRO with a Windows 10 installation disk, it kept all my files and software, but it appears that my windows is not activated now. When activating, is it possible that I lost my Windows license?

I have been able to upgrade to PRO with a Windows 10 installation disk, it kept all my files and software, but it appears that my windows is not activated now. When activating, is it possible that I lost my Windows license?
I think cienfugos is your biggest fan...and both of you have only just joined 🤔

I prefer VeraCrypt due to security concerns over BitLocker (I won't discuss either)

I also like the Hidden OS feature as a form of dual boot - I have Win7 and Win10 totally independent (can't even see each other).

We have covered this in a previous Thread. If you have windows home and you just put windows pro over it then you have no license for windows pro. If you are trying to make it a legal copy then you need to use the download tool after you have a legal copy of pro on your machine. Then you will have a fully legal copy of Windows pro on your pendrive that will install a fully activated copy of windows.
My Thoughts

Back