upgrade win 10 home to pro for free

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
got a Laptop with Win 10 home on it, want to use bitocker but only comes with Pro

anyway to upgrade it for free without doing a full reinstal

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
got this done, for anyone interested i all you need is a Win 7 Pro license key, then in Win 10 change key to win 7 Pro and voila upgraded to Win 10 Pro

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
got this done, for anyone interested i all you need is a Win 7 Pro license key, then in Win 10 change key to win 7 Pro and voila upgraded to Win 10 Pro
Personally I would downgrade to 7 from 10. Or even better get a mac or install linux :p

bpbx

Reaction score
+1 to @janobi - I actively develop and am a tenured MSDN fellow, and I can tell you that whilst convenient (because it's integrated into the OS) BitLocker has some relative security drawbacks [which shall not be made public], but suffice it be said, use Veracrypt or similar if you're looking for a little more "bulletproof-ness". Akin to this thought, if your intention is to be able to operate with WebDAV capabilities, you'll never be 100% secured, no matter the software and/or hardware components (at this time), and your selection(s) for such supporting titles is significantly more limited.

If you know what you want to secure, have a look-see at the following document. You should glean a general scope of [what] spec you'll need to protect yourself most: NIAP CPP Document - Collab. NIST SP 800-53

Hope this helps.

dragor

Reaction score
buy an old win 7 pro coa and use that to upgrade - chepest way to get a legit licence

albob

DW Member +
Reaction score
I bought one last for £4 : delivered within a minute (and worked..)

TEST