Upgrade RCO to 3.51M33

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this, not sure what it does, or if its usefull. Have included some already modified themes too.

UPDATED TO INCLUDE CUSTOM SOUNDS!!!
Ok i've spent a few days here comparing the decompressed RCO from 3.40 and 3.51 and I THINK I have nailed all the files that have new 'data' in 3.51.

So with that, I have put together a batch of scripts that go and do the muscle work to convert those rco to the new 3.51 compatable

The files that require updating in order to work are:
Topemenu_plugin.rco
Game_Plugin.rco
Impose_plugin.rco
Msvideo_main_plugin.rco
Music_main_plugin.rco
Opening_plugin.rco
Premo_plugin.rco
Sysconf_plugin.rco
System_plugin_bg.rco
System_plugin_fg.rco
System_plugin.rco
Video_main_plugin.rco

ONE problem that I have found. If your topmenu_plugin.rco has modified text fields for the icon names, those do not get transfered over I have tried and tried but cant get that to work..maybe an update will fix that...maybe someone here knows more about rcotool than i and can lend a hand for an update...but believe me, changing a few icon names (or removing the text) is WAY easier than loading all these rco into RCOEdit and extracting and replacing.

SO on to the directions...

0. Backup your Flash0 folder on 3.51M33 to your pc
1. Put all of your RCO in a folder
2. Extract this contents to the folder and double click 2 clicks to upgrade.bat
3. Wait for the process to finish.
4. Copy your theme to /vsh/resource/
5. Done!

When it is done it will save all of your original .rco as .bak incase you want to go back to 3.40

DO NOT COPY ANY PRX FROM 3.40 to 3.51!!!
Only .rco for now.

CREDITS
------------------------------
rcotool 0.4 by Z33
clean topmenu_plugin.rco by Zinga
original script by nicinico

Any bugs/questions/problems/comments PLEASE let me know!!

I hope you enjoy!

Download it here!!
Fixed the problem with converting rco with custom sounds. new packaged fixed.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6vwtlx

Working on finding a way to check if the shadows/glows didnt extract properly to remove the surprise of finding original shadows/glows

There are some other themes and such, but I cannot upload more files. If people are interested, I will send them to bro to upload.

Last edited:
Back