Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Ultimate?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am about to upgrade my home premium version to Ultimate, according to some posts found through google there might be issues with upgrading it?

Do you guys think upgrading it will be a problem or should I do a fresh install?

I would do a fresh install.

I went from XP to Ultimate 64 bit - the new installer retains all of your old windows installation incase you need to go back. You probably dont need to keep this.

A fresh install would the perfect solution, although I've found trouble with Vista when doing a fresh install and upgrade. Probably my computer, hence I'll keep with XP for now.

Just make sure you backup your data. There should be no problems, you should be able to run the Windows Upgrade Anytime site. Are you using the orginal Vista media or OEM.

Also are you upgrading for a reason. Have you got home or premium right now, I think you said in another post that you have home.

If not, there are very few features in Ultimate over premium worth paying extra for. If this is to do with joining the domain then I seriously recommend using VMWare and just building seom WinXP pro virtual machines.

Back