Updating to Kodi 1.5

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
At the minute my android box is running Kodi 14.2 but worried if i do i fresh install of 15.0 i will lose my channels and add-ons etc...will it be ok to uninstall 14.2 and install 15.0 with everything appearing as before :proud:

At the minute my android box is running Kodi 14.2 but worried if i do i fresh install of 15.0 i will lose my channels and add-ons etc...will it be ok to uninstall 14.2 and install 15.0 with everything appearing as before :proud:

I just tried it as an experiment and I got the message “do you really want to overwrite it” as in the pic below
So I guess the answer is you will lose everything.

But you can save your settings on a sd card or stick and put them back after

Have a look here at Post 49 how to do that

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/xbmc-kodi-discussion-602/424638-wookie-5.html?highlight=wookie

I haven't tried it

Attachments

• no upgrade.png
    no upgrade.png
    515.1 KB · Views: 10
I just tried it as an experiment and I got the message “do you really want to overwrite it” as in the pic below
So I guess the answer is you will lose everything.

But you can save your settings on a sd card or stick and put them back after

Have a look here at Post 49 how to do that

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/xbmc-kodi-discussion-602/424638-wookie-5.html?highlight=wookie

I haven't tried it
I think it keeps your settings and migrates them over. It did mine anyway.

Saving a backup is a good idea though.

I think it keeps your settings and migrates them over. It did mine anyway.

Saving a backup is a good idea though.

My mistake mate

I just read the rest of it where it says “Your settings and library data will be kept intact”

So I installed over the other version and everything is still there

So I guess you can as you can see in the pic

Attachments

• in tact.png
    in tact.png
    941.1 KB · Views: 8
Cheers all for your advice,also my box keeps losing time even though i leave it on stand by and i have to manually update it....any ideas

Cheers all for your advice,also my box keeps losing time even though i leave it on stand by and i have to manually update it....any ideas

Which box do you have and are you using a wizard?

Right,i think ive set the time now as went on kodi and it was set to canada,ive got the mxq box mate,i tried the update to 15 but it wont install over 14.2 so would have to uninstall 14.2 before i installed it which im worried incase that would delete all my programs etc...im using the monster wizard

I think on an android box you have to uninstall kodi from settings before you can install another version.

I think you will have to try the method below

Attachments

• save your kodi screen image.jpg
    save your kodi screen image.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 9
If you install kodi from the google play store and then when a new kodi update comes out, you can install and all your tweaks and add-ons will be saved.
It did on my t8 android box.

Back