Updating a 500

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Managed to get my 500 set up and connected using Dreambox Control Centre.

Jusr want to know how to load the latest cam and keys and whatever.

cheers

Use the blue button on your remote to access menus, to download from the server included with your image. If latest keys are not included on the server then you may need to google to find the current softcam file.

which image offers keys via blue button?

currently using pli at the minute but my image is corrupt and wont let me modify the cccam.cfg so i need to start a fresh

I don't know of any image that has links to a key bundle update?

I would stick with pli-images and use a plugin to update the key files when needed.

Si

Is that built into the image or a plugin? And where is it pulling the key bundle from?

What am trying to say is that someone must be maintaing the key update files and storing them at a url, I find it hard to belive the guys who make the images are going to maintain the key files.

The problem with most key update plugins is that eventually the web host finds out and removes the files so the url in the script needs changing.

Maybe we should club together on here and have a update script for digitalworldz users, I have the scripts but we need someone to maintain the key files?

Si

do you know how to manually install plugins?

Si

on certain images you just stick the tar file in the TMP folder and then use the blue button to install it

No I don't know how to manually install but I'd like to learn.

cheers

What image are you using?

When you download a plugin it should come as 2 files you use a ftp program to copy the 2 files over to the following directory-

DM500-DM7000: /var/tuxbox/plugins.
DM7020: /usr/lib/tuxbox/plugins.

chmod the files to 755

the plugin should the be listed in the plugins menu (yellow button)

Hope this helps

Si

i have a 500t and as you know it has limited channels so if i got the 500s would i get the same and more and where would i get a list of channels available. do you have to be connected to the net all the time--have no broadband. any help or pm would be great

If you got yourself a DM500S than you would need to get a satellite dish to recieve anything through your dreambox. You do not need to be connected to the internet all the time but you would need to be connected to the internet to get the most out of your dreambox. For a list of what is availabel on the satellite check the link below.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/133483/

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the link. i was in cannaries in a pub and up popped the 500s logo so i inquired they pay a mafia a yearly amount get all sports films but are conncted to broadband so i was wondering can i get the same here.the channel list on the pc was through dream multimedia. is there anyone know what i am on about. any help would be great, thanks

Last edited:
I know about the mafia systems in europe using dreambox's. I know someone who runs one in Javea. This isnt relevant to the uk as we dont have a problem with signal level, and the dreambox is used because they then have control to be able to disconnect receivers when the illegal subscribers stop paying. Its just a morphed form of local broadcasting with satellite products & cardsharing.
If you are in the uk then this system isnt needed, you just set up your own sat receiver and do your own thing.

thanks pinkhelmets, from what i gather so is i can pretty much pick up what i want with the right receiver,dish and software

Back