Updated the Downloads Clocking Method

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
5 Posts before being able to download

I have updated the 5 posts rule to also include 1 like.

Xenforo has a much more advanced promotion system, which allows us to use likes as a criteria too.

Basically if someone needs a like then it does not matter if they clock or not as they wont get promoted without the like added to there post.

It does still matter, because clocking will still lead to a small ban or infractions...

I was even thinking of making it 5 post likes instead of posts then a member could post one really useful post to the forum and just need 5 likes ????

Feel free to discuss

Mick

Last edited:
I think 5 likes would be harder to acheive and could probably encourage them to post decent content instead of just crap.

If they read the rules of course :-/

Last edited:
I think 5 likes would be harder to acheive and probably encourage them to post decent content instead of just crap.

If they read the rules of course :-/

I agree, 5 likes would should ensure good content.

Something I would like to discuss with members and moderators. The clocking is not what it used to be, but it still goes on and the moderators and admins do a great job with members help of keeping it down.

Mick

Looking at it from the other side @Mick ie as a rank and file non staff member post clocking does not seem bad. But to put members in the picture what the mods/admin see is not what we see. Thats why it doesnt look bad to rank and file. We dont see what staff delete and the forum looks tidy and we dont see threads full of deleted posts. Just posting this so as non staff should apprieciate what you guys do. Anything to reduce it is always welcome.. Hope this kind of made sense lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The likes should only count from members who already have download rights. Otherwise potential clockers could band together and help each other out.
I can see an easy way round it.
As outlined in above quote or dual/triple memberships on one account.
(Maybe VPN)? *i dont know*

I can only see admin/mods check most posts anyway.
As 98% of times spammers are picked up by staff as there looking files they cant get anywhere else.

(like) sounds ok to me but there is always a way to get round it, someone could make 2 accounts and like 1 to get there download, can it be setup so the (like) has to come from a staff member, something like when they get to 5 posts staff get a notification so there posts can be vetted.

Back