update puzzling me can u shed lite

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hello=ok this week i have done my mums sammy and a mates 1000 and both ov them have updated to the new guide ect now i have a 2000 and i still have a shitty old style is there owt i can do-i have tried a forced update(hold standby fave ect) any ideas anyone

violentj said:
hello=ok this week i have done my mums sammy and a mates 1000 and both ov them have updated to the new guide ect now i have a 2000 and i still have a shitty old style is there owt i can do-i have tried a forced update(hold standby fave ect) any ideas anyone
has it had the no update mod done to it???
if it has you will have to reverse it

if its a 2000 look for a wire runing from the battery to the board if it has just cut it

i does have a wire on the board ,what exactaly is it for-why do a no update mod??

the wire is to stop it from updating m8..........

just cut it...........and the box will update...........

it has been moded at one point to stop updates so it can get ppv just cut the wire in half and it will up date

so will i lose ppv if i cut it do i need to rejoin it once ive updated the box

@ the doggs nutts-i sorta figured a no update mod was to stop updates

im in leeds and i think its a funcard 4 but im not sure

should be ok if your on a fun card but just try to get eney comfermation on vod in leeds first

leeds is not vod yet - you best cut the wire because when it goes vod the box will stop working

k thansguy-nw got th new menus,all ineed is a frigng remote or a slave

ive tried a few /old cable and wireless-blue sammy all for one and even the correct remote for the box-i guess the ir on the box is fooked

unfortunately that looks the case sorry about that

violentj said:
ive tried a few /old cable and wireless-blue sammy all for one and even the correct remote for the box-i guess the ir on the box is fooked

This is a long shot, but I just saw this in a manual:

TO DISABLE / ENABLE THE REMOTE CONTROL

Press "select" then "vol+ and services" to disable

Press "select" then "vol+ and services" again to enable

Back