Reaction score
my specs

Asus commando motherboard

intel duo core 2.66ghz

Nvidia gtx8800 graphics card

4 gig memory ddr 1066mhz

Audigy 2zs card

i was just wondering if it was out of date these days and need to upgrade

the graphics card is a pci-express and there have been many releases since then so i was wondering if my card needed changing.

i have always bought fairly high end cards and willing to spend about 3-400 quid on one and have no idea what the best cards are these days

just been looking at the GeForce GTX 480,would this work ok on my board?

Are you finding it slow doing anything specific, playing games, general use, etc

Are you doing something new with it ?

It could just need a wipe and reinstall of the O/S to speed it up.

it all boils down to wheather your happy with it or not, if its doing the things you need to do, and well, why upgrade at all... if like the post above said, if its running slow or not doing what you need to do, then yeah upgrade that baby!!!!

if yours is out of date then mine is with the dinosaurs lol

d5b8727f.png

9abab82e.png

ps most of the time im.......
b41683482a.gif

Last edited:
The problem is CPU's move on in leaps and bounds and the cost to upgrade is not cheap so as long as the beast is doing wht you want then that's ok.

If upgrading the graphics card you might want to double check your PSU and air flow. The GTX 480 needs a fair bit of juice and gets warmer than the slightly slower HD5870.

Perhaps, worth noting too that the Commando seems to be PCI-e 1.x rather than PCI-e 2.0. Meaning that you may not get full potential out of the newer graphics cards (approx 2% performance difference on the 2007/08 cards).

Back