Update Dashboard using J-runner Software/ xeBuild GUI xbox 360 jtag dashlaunch

Abu Baniaz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a tutorial I found for using J-Runner software to update an RGH or JTAG. There is no need to open up the console or do anything to the coolrunner board. J-runner has dashlaunch built in.

Select the options that apply to you rather than just tick what the video maker did as his console is most likely not the same as yours.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Update Dashboard using J-runner Software

same idea as the 360 Multi Builder v0.95 but liking the J-runner Software better :)

If anyone wants to add a different dashboard, on the tab for dashboard, there are two options for adding/deleting dashboard versions. Click on "add dash", select the one you want and it will then download the dashboard for you. Make sure you select the right options for your console.

Attachments

• J Runner add dash.jpg
    J Runner add dash.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 32

Yeah its a nice bit of kit Jrunner, I'll have to start using it again, cheers dude.

Alternative to it??

Just been having a read and seen this below as well?

xeBuild GUI 2.085 - 16197 GUI Nand Builder for Jtag / RGH Xbox 360 Consoles

All credit to the original op Insanenutter

xell.jpg

xeBuild GUI is a Frontend / GUI for xeBuild, making it easy for you to select most options that you might need to build a new nand for your Jtag / RGH $acked Xbox 360. Such options include Motherboard type, SMC hack for Freeboot, image type and so on.

You can also dump your existing nand and xeBuild is able to check what SMC hack you have previously used for JTAG, it's also able to tell you what SMC version you have, and if it's a JTAG, Clean/Retail, Glitch or Cygnos patched SMC.

So basically to sum up you can easily update your Jtag / RGH in three easy steps wth XeBuild GUI

1. Open your existing nand
2. Enter the CPU key
3. Build the nand

As easy as 3 steps?

Re: Update Dashboard using J-runner Software xbox 360 jtag

oh not sure did ya mate? thanks... I'll be doing this later on today......what do you mean sorts out dashluanch? looks like they both will create a dash launch.

xebuild looks like it will also download the latest system update, avatar etc.

Cheers mate.

Last edited:

You are quite correct, both will install dash launch for the user. Attached is picture to illustrate the process which is very similar to the Gui for xebuild. At the end of the day Xebuild is the program that does the magic.

The program will download any updates. As you can see, it is on Xebuild 1.05 and Dashlaunch 3.04. I normally restart the program after it updates.

You can set up and other features you want. I have expanded the launch.ini options. There is also the advance Xebuild options where you can set other options such as the target temperature.

The points below should show the stages involved irrespective of what dashboard is being updated to. Some of them will not be necessary and for the majority of people will be stages 1,2,5 on subsequent runs.

1. Download the dashboard you want.
2. Select your source.
3. The CPU key will populate by itself if you have used that nand to create an image before. Otherwise same as other ways, enter manually, obtain via network. The CPU keys are kept in the system registry. You can export this if you want.
4. Ensure the settings match your console. Jtag, RGH or retail. RGH 1 or 2. Dashboard version.
5. Create image. Once this is completed a folder will be created with the resultant image, cpukey.txt, KV_info.txt and also a log file. The folder will be named after the serial number of the console. I normally create a text file with details.

I would be grateful for any corrections/additions. There is an official readme file in the program folder.

Attachments

• JR guide.jpg
    JR guide.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 35

Thanks mate.

I have just used the xeBuild GUI 2.085 - 16197 GUI Nand Builder for Jtag / RGH Xbox 360 Consoles

And all you have to do is load your nand and your CPU key, the rest is all filled in for you, console type the lot. aftr that load the dash avatar and dashlaunch.ini if you like it'll make you one of them any way, I just used dashlaunch it's self and saved the ini that way. (Video you'll see.)

I've just grabbed all the video from the virgin box to fsd3 and will get it put together for a video. ;)

(All ready nearly outdated though as I was using an old dash launch in the video..lol and I don't have a drive so had to install it via FTP which isn't a problem...so many ways to install it all.

Thanks

do we know if there's a new version out for the new dash? 16202, either "jrunner" or "xebuild" GUI ?

jrunner has all the new files Mowax
do we know if there's a new version out for the new dash? 16202, either "jrunner" or "xebuild" GUI ?

Think I'll update the xell and that today as for some reason seem to be getting a lot of "freezing" or at least a couple of times... I'll have a look for the new xebuild, take it there's a new dashlaunch out as well.

What's the latest xebuild ? is it 2.089, and dashlaunch seems like it's version 3.06 now...

Last edited:

latest xebuild GUI V2.089 with 16202 and dash launch 06 support

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

latest xebuild 1.06 with 16202 support

Code:

New File Added: dash_launch_v3.07

Downloads: A new file has been added by Mowax:

dash_launch_v3.07

16202 support

New File Added: xeBuild_GUI_2.09

Downloads: A new file has been added by Mowax:

xeBuild_GUI_2.09

16203 official dashupdate support

Re: New Dash Launch and XeBuild for kernel 16537

A 3.09 dash launch update has been released to fix a few bugs in 3.08 folks.

Code:

Xebuild 1.09 released

Code:

xeBuild 1.09
============

Introduction:
=============
xeBuild is a command line system image builder for JTAG, glitch, and clean images.
Run the xeBuild program with no (or incorrect) arguments to see it's usage info.

What's New:
===========
- new boot chain and patches for trinity/corona that uses virtual efuses from CBB onward
- added ability to fine tune content of the BL that glitching targets
- new nolan addon patch for machines with bad wired LAN phy (boots to E75/76/77)
- single addon provided to disable all internal memory units on arcade consoles
- added client and update modes
- updated xell builds to XeLL_Reloaded-2stages-v0.993
(note: DVD-less consoles and some with Hitachi DVD won't work right with this version)
- minor bug fixes

Current Limitations:
====================
- STAY THE HELL OFF LIVE! Nuff said, we're not you're mum.

Re: Xebuild 1.09 released

xeBuild 1.11 is now out : 16547 kernel support added and more (page has a typo and states 537 the info states 547 from 1.10 upwards)

Code:

XeBuild GUI 2.092 : 16547 kernel support added

Code:

Dashlaunch 3.11 : 16547 kernel support added

Code:

full respect to the creators of the software... thanks guys for your continued work.

Back