Unmoddable Wii's??

Sylar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I got this link from another site.

hxxp://wiinewz.com/forums/d2pro/68181-unmoddable-wiis-d2c-post529768.html

I know it's just a matter of time before the modders find a new way, just thought I'd post the link for your info.

I didn't mod my wii, I got someone else to do it so I confess that I'm no expert but from what I gathered from the link is that the 32 wire install won't work either, am I wrong?

At this time no it wont work, but who know what going to have to happen they have no idea if its binary code
in the chip, it all guess work and I dare say they will be working on it all the time as they chip maker will want to there chip to sort it first, and they will lose lots of money while there is a console out there they cant chip
I myself will not go out and buy a large order of chips now when they can show up on our door at any time and the chip you have is no good

has anyone come accross one these yet.

as i have spent last 4 hours on a wii and it will not play back-ups.

i used a neoflex and argon (1.8 f/w) and stook in original, plays game. stook in back-up, nothing.

double checked my points...over and over. still nothing. the chip lights blue when it tries.

so i uninstalled argon from neoflex and then removed neoflex from board.

opened a brand new argon, and just to be on safe side, i updated f/w to 1.8 (even though i was told 1.8 is on it) then did the 13+4 wire install and same again, plays originals, but not back-ups.

the serial starts: LEH1840~~~

and the chip just has G2C D2C written on it, and no other line of text like normal.

like in this pic
newboard.JPG

Well, I was gonna say - Ive yet to and a mate who mods alot has yet to see a PAL one, he has modded LEH 183xxxx but yours has the symptoms....

right, i have removed chip, and opened another, and left it as is, straight from packet, with 1.8 f/w on.
i now tried the alternative points on the underside, and exact same, plays originals, not back-ups.

updated chip to 1.8 via the jtag connector with wii powered up, and not changed a thing.

so looks like i have the non moddable wii in my possesion.

sorry gazt

Can you take a pic of the actual D2C one line......

Ive heard they are in a different font on the moddable ones, normal font for unmoddable

i have already put it back together.

the pic here is what all wii's normally have.

news5cd2ckl1.jpg

but this wii has only got GC2-D2C, and not the second line of text.

new chip added

newchip.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But even moddable wiis (LEH181-183) Have one missing line, yet still work.

Ive heard (not based on PAL wiis)

Normal 2 lines = moddable
1 Line with same font as above = not moddable
1 line with different font = moddable.

highlander just found this on another site

05-09-2008, 12:34 PM
ModderMan
Moderator Join Date: May 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
lol my bad... okay so the modchip goes onto the dvd board, but as you said the board is to new for the modchip right?

the freakin board looks the same as other d2c boards.... but the MCU has only

GC2-D2C on the chip and NO 2nd row of numbers/letters like before.

Now to date..those with 1 row of character the GC2-D2C.. about 70% are not currently moddable.

The D2Pro team have cracked it apparently.... so just a short while longer...

hope its true....seems i'll just have to wait and see. gaz t

This is the mate I was chatting about that had had LEH181-183

Now he has had LEH185 moddable

mp3boy said:
Just had some LEH185xxxx in the UK, highest i've seen, still moddable

sounds like a hit and miss process then with the newest boards, some can...some can't.

at least D2Pro have cracked, then it won't be long till infectus/argon have cracked it.

these developers are sooo damn clever.

i thought with these unmoddable wiis the disk drive didnt work at all or very intermittant.?? and some not even taking disks in.......

Last edited:
Just had an LEH185 here

Both lines of text and modded absolutely fine.

I'd look at going down the clip route m8. A friend of mine did his d2c in less then 2 minutes if you take off the time it took him to get into the case.

LEH1833xxx
D2C with no numbers
Argon 250 not spi
1.8 firmware
13+4 Wires not neoflex
Perfect.

taken from infectus webiste:

Dear Customers,

a new D2C board, now called on internet D2C2 is arrived in all markets, in EUROPE too.

Unfurtunally here in EUROPE the unmodables consoles haven't the "EP" on the board... here we saw that the unmodables consoles normally has serial no. LEH1837xxxx ..

INFECTUS TEAM is working in these days to release a nice solution for all ARGON SPI modchip in the market.. :) we hope finally to be the FIRST to give a stable and good solution to all our customers... the target is end of next week!
STAY TUNED!

INFECTUS TEAM

Back