Phone Unlocking Unlock Nokia 6233 question

ruud36

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guy's ive got a nokia 6233 on orange that i want to unlock.Ive done some reading off here and other sites,and from what it looks like is that my phone comes under bb5.From what ive read you can't unlock by typing in codes on the handset, however a company on the net (for a paypal of 2.99)says it can and will send me the codes via e-mail.Can this be done? and if so can i generate the codes myself with certain software?Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance

These can be unlocked by codes, but at £2.99, I think it's a fake. There are loads of members on $bay that suggest the same. They take your money, then a week later say "sorry code can't be found". You then need to ask then for the money back. Sounds an odd thing to do, but how many will ask for their money back, and how much in one week will their bank hold?

Sorry to rant about this type of person, but it isn't good for business..
Basically, your options are. Take it to an unlock shop, cost around £10. Ask Orange for the code. Takes up to a week, and will cost around £20. Lastly, genuine Orange unlock codes wholesale at £19, so you obviously will have to pay more than this to buy a code from a 3rd party.

There aren't any free code calcs,. or free software for these. If you have entered 3 codes already then the handset goes hardlocked. The only way to unlock it is with hardware, codes will not work after 3 failed attempts.

Thanks for advice.I thought it sounded a bit too cheap.I don't mind paying the tenner to unlock it.I just wanted to have a dabble myself.Cheers again

Back