Unlimited Dialup Internet

stevedw

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone here has heard of an ISP called Fast4.net they say they give unlimited surfing day and night for £7.99 a month. Currently i pay £9.99 a month to AOL and that is only unlimited at weekends, monday to friday they charge between 6am and 6pm. I thought id ask before switching.

£9.99 for dial up. that is rediculous, they should be giving it away.

surely you will be able to find a broadband connection for that price. i aint sure whats around, but someone will point you in the right direction.

yeh thats a bit pricey !! i get 10mb from ntl £17-50 for 12mths unlimited m8

£9.99 for dial up. that is rediculous, they should be giving it away.

surely you will be able to find a broadband connection for that price. i aint sure whats around, but someone will point you in the right direction.

I agree its ridiculous but my parents are on the bt light user scheme which doesnt let you have broadband so dial-up is my only option.

@little_pob. thanks for the info, after reading the comment below and others i'll avoid fast4.net. at least with aol i never get any problems connecting.

General Comments
Fast4 net is cheap and you effectively get what you pay for - the internet connection speed is slow and in the evenings you can spend anything up to 1/2 an hour trying to connect and then once you do connect you can expect several disconnections in any one sitting leading to more time being wasted trying to reconnect.

The fact that it is cheap means that it is good for someone on a low budget but given the level of competition offered it should only be used as a last resort.

Whilst advertising on the site suggests it is £6.99, they actually deducted £9.99 from my account, causing me much annoyance and compounding my view that the service offered by them was poor and to never use them again.

Last edited:
used this company before switching to NTL a few years back. It was £7.99 at that time. Had difficulty getting on it in the evening. Kids used phone a lot, so switch to broadband. My advice go for cheap broadband if you can get it. I heard carphone warehouse offer is good (if you can get them to install it )

Back