unable to read card

krishnadasbadya

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm struggling to read an original nthell smartcard...

I have a usb phoenix set at 3.68, running off xp and connected proggy via usb to laptop....but everytime i try to read card via nagra i get

opening of com1 successful
ATR string 00 00 00......
00 00.....
Error, unsupported card type

Closing of com1 successful

Before i put the card in the proggy i have a blue and red light and then when i put the card in the blue light goes off and the red light stays on. Do i have to connected the proggy via the comport or something cos i aint the the leads.....

Hi m8 you have to set the proggramer to pheonix mode and also connect both usb lead and com port lead. These leads should have come with your programmer.

tbone said:
Hi m8 you have to set the proggramer to pheonix mode and also connect both usb lead and com port lead. These leads should have come with your programmer.

Didn't get a com port lead with my proggy just a usb lead...set in pheonix mode ok......

Hi
I guess its an inifinity unlimited usb
your com port is set when u click the vcp
The new screen that pops up shows com port
and phoenix setting (3.68)
This must be the same in nagra/xncs etc
And most of the progs need to be run in 98/95 compat mode

Last edited:
HiYa,

Seems like we need to find out what programmer you have first of all. LoL

when you are programming via a pheonix usb, you have to connect both serial and usb. when you put the mosc card in it should say pic not recognized. this is normal. select pheonix mode and set at 3.68 mhz. then open nagra edit 4.1 and read card. if all setting ok then it should read fine

imrane said:
when you are programming via a pheonix usb, you have to connect both serial and usb. when you put the mosc card in it should say pic not recognized. this is normal. select pheonix mode and set at 3.68 mhz. then open nagra edit 4.1 and read card. if all setting ok then it should read fine

ok i'm gonna take a trip down to maplins to get a serial to connect to com port.....this is driving me loopy! lol

krishnadasbadya said:
Infinity usb phoenix compatable....

You'll need the serial cable then M8 for phoenix mode.

Then your card could be locked a82 or boc have a look in the EM to see what the rev of the card is.

Satch said:
You'll need the serial cable then M8 for phoenix mode.

Then your card could be locked a82 or boc have a look in the EM to see what the rev of the card is.

Page 7 in EM shows smartcard version/revison as DNASP011 REVB01 if this means anything? The card status is showing as 'please wait'

krishnadasbadya said:
Page 7 in EM shows smartcard version/revison as DNASP011 REVB01 if this means anything? The card status is showing as 'please wait'

I think you'll be o k then once you have your cable.

Out of interest is this card paired to your box and does it update?

Satch said:
I think you'll be o k then once you have your cable.

Out of interest is this card paired to your box and does it update?

Im not sure if it was paired to the box and it did used to au until the recent fiasco...just trying to get it to au again!

Back