Unable to open com port

j-lee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Tryed posting this in mosc section with no joy so can anyone help me here??
When i try to read card in xtreme nagra card studio i get:
Unable to open com port (win code error: 2)

Anyone any ideas?????

Not aufait with progging cards, but I suppose first thing is to check that your com port is detected/working correctly. I assume your programmer connects by serial cable to the com port...
First off open device manager, scroll down list to Ports (COM & LPT), hit plus sign, you have a com port listed? COM 1? Right click properties, on the port settings tab check the settings match what your programmer will work with (normally 9600bps speed, 8 data bits, No parity, 1 stop bit & no flow control), try clicking restore defaults if not sure.
Make sure your proggy software is looking to the correct com port? Or does it search?

You could try setting it to another port number, on the port settings tab, advanced, change com port...

Have fun

Last edited:
Right the progger is usb and com. It's been detected, drivers are installed it workes with nagra 3 & 4 but not xtream nagra.
Even if i unplug the progger i still get the same reply so i'm guessing its a software prob.
Is there any way to see if anything is using the ports????

Well, hardware wise looks all ok then...If you look at the com ports in device manager & look on the advanced tab (as described above) and look at change com port list, it'll tell you if any are in use there...
soz I don't know the proggy soft...Thats what looks to me to be your problem...

I suspect your expecting the COM port to work using your USB connection - this is never going to work, you require a SERIAL cable to use your COM port.

If you've not sorted it yet

One possiblitity is that u are using a program that is attempting to use the com port e.g. Microsoft active sync or nokia phone suite

Back