Unable to login, bad password detected

pmoore31

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys just followed Crackerchalks guide to program a MOSC and used his excW blank 10 rom image. When I wrote to the card it said Backboor 0 Key is invalid. Do you still want to continue (of course I said yes without thinking) The image didnt work in my Pace 4000 and when I have tried to read or write it asks for a password (which i do not know) and reads the following... Any Ideas please

Opening of COM1 was successful
ATR String: 3F FF 95 00 FF 91 81 71 A0 47 00 44 4E 41 53 50
30 31 30 20 52 65 76 41 36 31 4D
ROM Revision: 010
EEPROM Revision: RevA61
ProviderID: 5C
CamID: 00 00 00 00
Using BD3 Key: 4E 69 70 50 45 72 20 49 73 20 61 20 62 75 54 74
Attempting to login to BD3
BackDoor login verified
Dumping Dataspace
Using BD0 Key: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Attempting to login to BD3
Attempting to login to BD0
BackDoor 0 login failed
Writing ROM10 failed
Closing of COM1 was successful

It does not let me. Please take a look at the attached image. Keep saying it needs to be 16 bytes???????????????

Last edited:
hi have you tryed tiking specify backdoor 0 login password and put in all 888888888 if not try and tik specify backdoor 3 login password with all 88888 insted of 000

pmoore31 said:
It does not let me. Please take a look at the attached image. Keep saying it needs to be 16 bytes???????????????

Specify backdoor password then you need to type in 88888888888888888888888888888888
Thats "8" 32 times

yes i was just looking at that lol he just copyed what i put on lol

_Phat_ said:
No copying here fella

i was not on about you m8 i was on about pmoore31 he just copyed all the 88 i put down lol

Sorry guys for the copying.. Just getting really impatient. Tried 32 8's and 32 0's and still no good. This means I may have messed the card up... Sorry to be a pain, should I start from scratch and use winex to unlock it? (if possible)

pmoore31 said:
Sorry guys for the copying.. Just getting really impatient. Tried 32 8's and 32 0's and still no good. This means I may have messed the card up... Sorry to be a pain, should I start from scratch and use winex to unlock it? (if possible)

no m8 the card is not locked did you try tikin 1 of the other backdoor logins

pmoore31 said:
i did.. the only options in nagra 3 is to check for backdoor rom 2 and 3. Any ideas?

have you tryed rom studio

Hi Yes it just says bad answer after I put in the password. This is doing my head in, I think I might have to go to bed in a min and watch BBC

EEPROM Revision: RevA61 <=== something wrong here
try a PC reboot if not try another PC.

Then try this: it is what I do

Run on a Win98 machine (Dell Laptop 400mhz)

Dump card image in XNCS 1.8
File/Settings all switches selected except Ghost must be in eeprom
Read dumped image make a note of the Backdoor 0 key

Read Card in RomStudio
On file menu-Card
Dump Card Nagraedit method
Use BD0 keys from dump in XNCS

Write new (known good) image in RomStudio
You may have to change the file extension from say .bn10 to .bin
On file menu-Card
Nagraedit method

Read in Nagra 3

If OK then
Write the image of your choice in Nagra 3

have a look at this m8 this is ya prob i think . all thanx gos 2 CRACKERCHALK for the download.

_Phat_ said:
EEPROM Revision: RevA61 <=== something wrong here
try a PC reboot if not try another PC.

Then try this: it is what I do

Run on a Win98 machine (Dell Laptop 400mhz)

Dump card image in XNCS 1.8
File/Settings all switches selected except Ghost must be in eeprom
Read dumped image make a note of the Backdoor 0 key

Read Card in RomStudio
On file menu-Card
Dump Card Nagraedit method

Write new (known good) image in RomStudio
You may have to change the file extension from say .bn10 to .bin
On file menu-Card
Nagraedit method

Read in Nagra 3

If OK then
Write the image of your choice in Nagra 3
i'm stuck at a similar stage i can write the rom 10 image in romstudio. but when i open in nagra 3 i don't get asked to put the backdoor key's in. It reads the card fine the rev is now 61 which i assume is ok , i than edit the details on the image and write back to the card which on some occasions fails to ask for the backdoor keys and fails to write and on other occasions asks for keys but does not recognises the 0's or 8's but in eeprom line 40 & 70 it's still 0's . i have been goin crazy for a few days now just ca't seem to get it right it's not like i'm totally thick either i have done dbox2,tit2,funs modded a4001,glitched a rom 10, but can't seem to do a mosc any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
nas171 said:
i'm stuck at a similar stage i can write the rom 10 image in romstudio. but when i open in nagra 3 i don't get asked to put the backdoor key's in. It reads the card fine the rev is now 61 which i assume is ok , i than edit the details on the image and write back to the card which on some occasions fails to ask for the backdoor keys and fails to write and on other occasions asks for keys but does not recognises the 0's or 8's but in eeprom line 40 & 70 it's still 0's . i have been goin crazy for a few days now just ca't seem to get it right it's not like i'm totally thick either i have done dbox2,tit2,funs modded a4001,glitched a rom 10, but can't seem to do a mosc any help would be appreciated
Hi m8"! and thank you for your CV, lol

Try this: get a image and edit with your details, check that the Bdo keys are valid ones and not 000 or 888s and all 3 Cam ids are filled in 27 AA BB CC
In the image eeprom go to line C0A0 ((0D xx 4E)) and where I marked with xx make sure they are in zeros (00)
Save that image and then write to card using romstudio”! Once writen “! Close romstudio and open nagraedit 4.1, Get the same saved image and write to card again

Hopefully it will write with success

My Confussion is when I reopened the rom image i copied from .. and wrote to my card before all this mess i caused...under all of the backdoor keys it says 0000' s (32 times). So one would thing the password is 00000000000000000000000000000000. When i wrote the card it did come up with an error message saying ' Backboor 0 Key is invalid. Do you still want to continue (of course I said yes without thinking)' As for reading in Rom studio is says no valid atr. Still BBC is great at the moment.. lol

I wonder if your problems are a PC system/settings/communication problem.
Things I would try:
1/ Different Com port
2/ Different Com cable

Back