unable to load flash with ifa

lowek1

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have tried to flash a couple of images onto a nokia dbox2 but on start up the box only gets as far as lade.... then just repeats this over and over again. any ideas guys?

are you flashing the right image (1x or 2x) ?

de_deej

I had this exact same problem, I used the older version of IFA and it worked instantly. (IFA version 1.5.6 in full english - best version to use as IFA 2.0 has given many people problems)

Liam

i thought that flashing via ifa the box shouldnt get as far as lade... as ifa is meant to take control of the bootloader. correct me if i'm wrong. so is the the boot request not reaching the box.

The box will slowly boot up from the network with IFA, which goes through the usual "blocks", and then finally reveals the word "Lade..." - thats fine :) Its only if it goes to the LCD splash screen of an existing image that it didnt kick in.

there was originally an old sportster image on the box when i got it ( got other boxes from this source and they were fine to reflash) but i was unable to overwrite with gavs new sportster image. so I deleted the the image from the box then when i trird to reflash the box I was unable to upload new image with ifa

@lowek 1 have you got a serial null modem cable? if so post the flash log here out of the com window so we can see it so as there is no image on it the only way forward is to use ifa

get to dbox bootmanager it should look like this [DLMURL]http://freepgs.com/princenaz/dbox.JPG[/DLMURL] make sure ur ip address is correct (u may need to press stop button before u can change it) finally before u press start to flash hold the arrow up and standby key to reset the box then straight after that click start. hopefully it should flash thats how i manged o get out of kein stein error.

Last edited by a moderator:
thought id get my 2 cents in - i did have a problem about a month ago using the IFA - tried everything - 3 full nights in a row - with sod all.....some of the guys on here also helped (thanks again guys...) - but in the end i found 2 ways around it - firstly - i got hold of an old p3 Dell Optiplex - installed win 2000 on it service pack 4 and then the IFA - First time i tried it - no problems atall - but this machine was at my work place...... Cocked up my DBox last week - but this time at home - started up my laptop up safe mode with networking on XP - used IFA version 2 - didnt need the com port cable and it worked a treat - you cant see whats happening on the pc but you dont need to as IFA ver 2 tells you whats happening on the screen of the DBox - hey presto.....

Hope that helps....

if you need any more help just ask - ill try and look in again later on....by the way - when i did it the safe mode way - i didnt have to mess with any settings atall + the only stipulation is that they are both plugged into the same network switch. It worked pretty well as my scenario was the Dbox (10 Meg) my Laptop (100 meg) and the network switch (1000 meg) so it seems like a pretty robust bit of software to negotiate its way through that lot!!

Back