unable to get terrestrial channels

lowek1

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am unable to get terrestrial channel pictures but get broken sound. I am able to receive most other channels. I am using the latest nexgen image. I have tried changing the ucodes but still the same.
When the box boots up it reads 16/16/08 all the other boxes i have seen boot up 32/00/08 ( dont know if this is of any use or not)

Is this a quick fix or is there something wrong with the box

yours is a slightly older box with only 16mb built in memory and 16mb ex memory. maybe the extra 16mb card may be faulty. have you tried any other images

I am trying the same xml files that I have working on another box and I am getting the same results with different images

ive tried sporster1.76 ans also sportser pro all with the same results

Ive had a similar problem, i scanned and got 70 odd channels no terrestrial channels, got sports etc, i put it down to a poor tuner, the main chip on the tuner looked like it had taken alot of heat damage also, and the tuner was exceptionally hot, I sent it back :p...

I tried all the latest images on it, with bruteforce and fast scan off regular scanning, the result was always the same.

It doesnt help you tho :( i gave up on mine in the end...

check your connections had this before turn out a connection was loose.

lowek1 didnt you have something like this before and wasnt it inside box?and you fixed it or is this something different?

hi m8

did you get sorted with it m8

cheers

@lowek1
If you get some channels with good picture there is nothing wrong with the tuner.
There is maybe a problem with the signal strength, wrong ucode version or a bad wiring.

Last edited:
lowek1 said:
yes a seem to get most of them and the only terrestrial I get is E4

E4 isnt terestrial 1,2,3,4 and 5 is E4 is freview or cable or sky. so your not getting any of them then, have you tried an ariel booster?

Have not tried ariel booster. Have been able to work other boxes from this connection

Back