Ultra VNC

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

I've got the server version of ultra VNC on my home server machine that i'm trying to set up

on my main pc i have the viewer version of the software now how do i get the two to talk to each other?

both are connected to the same route sitting side by side

both have windows xp pro installed

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

you need to enter the address of the server and connect, that should be it for you.

You may need to open ports in your firewall however.

I've changed to tightVNC and its worked straight out the box but when i went to view a video on teh server via tightVNC i didnt get a picture or sound? on my main pc

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

either should do the trick.

How have you configured the server? Can you send a screen shot of the server app running? Also, do you have it configured to run as a service?

I've changed to tightVNC and its worked straight out the box but when i went to view a video on teh server via tightVNC i didnt get a picture or sound? on my main pc

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Ah, you probably wont with TightVNC - UltraVNC is your man for that as it has some nifty video drivers to handle this for you.

its doing what i want just now, i can download torrents via tight and tell the server to download it through utorrent etc and i can transfer files to teh server but i aint tried transferring them the other way

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back