UK's most amazing car park

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
UK's most amazing car park

A state-of-the-art car park has opened in Birmingham, as part of the brand new Cube building in the city centre.
It's the first car park in the UK that does away with the infuriating business of finding a space. Motorists simply drive their car into a 'transfer garage', get out, then watch as the vehicle is lowered into the three-storey car park. After that, it's placed in an empty bay on an automatic carrier.
When the driver wants the car back they simply swipe a special key fob. The vehicle is then collected and lifted back up to the garage. Helpfully, the car is even turned around so it can be driven straight out.
The system's manufacturer, German company Wohr, claims that there's no chance of the wrong car being returned to the garage. It also has superior energy efficiency than a standard car park, because of a reduced need for lights and ventilation.
The Cube, which houses offices, shops and apartments, was completed earlier this year and is now taking on its first tenants. Spaces in the 339 capacity car park are still available and prices vary depending on how long the pass lasts for.

Thats pretty cool that :) Reminds me of the hulk car out of tokyo drift... (I think) lol come out on a kinda lift thingy

Great idea I suppose, but what happens when there is a power cut or the machinery fails?

Last edited:
They had that in I Robot, I think.

i heard about this on the radio last night the guy being interview wouldnt commite to how much it would cost to park in it did mention the average parking fees for the area were £120. a year.it does sound cool though,

cheers johny48

Am i the only one that would want to stay in the car when it was parked. :Fish:

Think if you stayed in the car you could then nick all the stuff out of all the other cars cuz there aint goin to be anyone else in there. :banana:

The car park mite be funky but the building is sooooooooo ugly.

Can it do more than one car at a time. What happens if someone is parking and someone is coming back for there's. Will you have to wait a while for it to do one before the other?

that's a good point. what if there was a concert on or something and there was a massive queue of people all arriving at the same time, would it take you hours to get your car back?

how long untill some nutter decides to park 1000 kilos of bomb in it, then detonates it remotley?

Am i the only one that would want to stay in the car when it was parked. :Fish:

Think if you stayed in the car you could then nick all the stuff out of all the other cars cuz there aint goin to be anyone else in there

I was thinking more of it brings an all new meaning to the mile high club

I was thinking more of it brings an all new meaning to the mile high club

Or even the mile low club in that carpark.What if you left something in your car and had to go back for it. How will that work?

Looks a great idea as far as space saving etc, seen a few of this style of robotic self parking on emails, but as it says it is for designated users only, so it is a private car park. Therefore concerts and delays won't really be a problem, as you will be informed at the point where you sign up of the rule or regulations of being a customer, then all possible issues would be included to cover the operator for all eventualities.

Back