Sensible Topic UK 3pin to UK 2 pin plug Adapter

These are as old as the hills but they fit a shaver socket, you could wire a flying 13A socket to one.

clix.jpg

They were made by Clix in the 50s or 60s.

ye ment to be 3 meter other idea is to look at voltage output of charger and try find a 2 pin version at same outputs
you may need to chop ends and sort that way

also I think a us to uk will fit in the shaver socket even with the flat pins
or usb charging lead and rechargeable powerpack

Last edited:
A standard two pin continental travel plug will work just tried it. Side on as @Gwyn1 mentoined....

A standard two pin continental travel plug will work just tried it. Side on as @Gwyn1 mentoined....

I read somewhere that a Euro plug had different pin pitch and diameter. I think there is a socket here at work somewhere, I'll try it later.

Mines is a very old one at least 20 year old i guess its the newer ones that work with a variety of plugs.
Sorry for this question Shaun but, would it not be easier to go out and buy a new shaver to suit your socket m8?.

The socket is 20 years old miggy the beard trimmer is only about 18month/2 years old. I like the trimmer but I cant use it in the bathroom as the battery has gone , all I want is to be able to use it via cable in the bathroom Pal and thought this would be an easy option but it looks like its not lol

Just be careful.

RCD is a very sensible precaution!

425850B3-F797-4B85-91FD-6FC10EF2267E.gif1065D566-5100-45CF-BDCE-4E617337C983.png

But you need to be very careful, it’s in section 7 of bs7671 under special locations for a reason.

Whilst water is not as conductive as everyone thinks, it’s still a path to earth - especially if you don’t have RCD protection or main protective bonding and or supplementary binding.

If your not sure, get a sparky in on a free estimate for the works you will at least find out :)

Cheers

Can't find a three pin to two pin converter other that the european ones which apparently won't work due to the pin spacing
two options that I can think of, change the plug to a standard socket outlet and protect it from access e.g. a waterproof external type socket. Not pretty but depending on where located in your bathroom it might work....
Or sacrifice an old two pin appliance cable. and put a plug outlet on it. Again, not pretty but it would work. in effect a short three pin to two pin extension lead.

Can't find a three pin to two pin converter other that the european ones which apparently won't work due to the pin spacing
two options that I can think of, change the plug to a standard socket outlet and protect it from access e.g. a waterproof external type socket. Not pretty but depending on where located in your bathroom it might work....
Or sacrifice an old two pin appliance cable. and put a plug outlet on it. Again, not pretty but it would work. in effect a short three pin to two pin extension lead.

He can't modify the place as he's renting.

I think the only option is a real shaver plug with wire into a British single socket.

He can't modify the place as he's renting.

I think the only option is a real shaver plug with wire into a British single socket.

Yeah, i'm thinking the same. Crispy fried shaun127 sounds a bit too overpriced just to use a shaver in the bathroom :-D

Here's another idea. Hang a mirror on a wall near a power outlet somewhere safe?

Yeah, i'm thinking the same. Crispy fried shaun127 sounds a bit too overpriced just to use a shaver in the bathroom :-D

Here's another idea. Hang a mirror on a wall near a power outlet somewhere safe?

I've used 3-pin plugs in a bathroom for years without injury, head-shaving, heater, kettle and commercial water boiler to fill the bath when the combi went during the coldest week of this year...

Could put the shaver wire and 3-pin socket in a plastic box with grommets. That would be reasonable watertight. A bit big including the transformer but safer :).

I've used 3-pin plugs in a bathroom for years without injury, head-shaving, heater, kettle and commercial water boiler to fill the bath when the combi went during the coldest week of this year...

Could put the shaver wire and 3-pin socket in a plastic box with grommets. That would be reasonable watertight. A bit big including the transformer but safer :).
tenor (3).gif

Back