UHD-Torrents

Just signed up & had a look - 68GB for one film!! 😧 I can feel another HDD for the NAS coming soon.....

No idea if good or not as dont use torrents here maybe useful to some

No idea if good or not as dont use torrents here maybe useful to some
Seems to be OK. I don't have a clue what 'Freeleech' means but downloading the torrent file and getting uTorrent to do the work works for me.
Selection is growing by the day :)

Trever m8 just download a few small files and share them and your ratio will increase

Looks like there Freeleech ends on the 30 Jan so grab out you like this will not affect your ratio ect

Freeleech is something applied to a torrent that makes download stats not be recorded (or at least counted on your download amount) at all

I joined up but haven't used it yet. I wasn't too happy with Qbittorrent as it always seemed so slow compared to uTorrent which I used to use. I couldn't remember why I didn't reinstall uTorrent till I tried just now, it insists on me also installing Avast antivirus and Opera :mad:

You want to use a early verion of utorrent the new versions are full of adds. I run 2.2.1 and it runs fine with no adds. If you can not find it let me know and I will send it to you.

I recently got uTorrent 'Pro' - from a torrent ironically enough. I tried Vuze but it wouldn't work for me. Pro is handy as apart from being ad-free you can preview as you download.

Looks like I'll need to buy a 4k media player to get the most out of these films. I have recently resurrected an old LG home theatre that hadn't worked for the last couple of years but it doesn't work too well with my Samsung tv.
Great sound through the hub compared to the tv sound but no dolby etc; I get the surround sound when connected through my ageing xtreamer but that is only 1080.

If you want older versions of utorrent etc then go to oldapps.com I think it is. You can download lots of older versions of things there. A lot of sites will only accept earlier versions of uTorrent. Alternatively, get a seedbox, and do all the torrenting that way, and then simply FTP it to where you want it.

@chookey, if you've got a 4k tv, you can then just dump the .mkv/x265 file onto a hdd and play them through that in glorious 4k, although it may only be via USB3.

4K isn't the problem for me @janobi. The problem is the audio, I would like that in surround sound but the optical output from the Samsung hub doesn't appear to support it. There is an hdmi ARC port but my older home theatre system doesn't have that tech.

4K isn't the problem for me @janobi. The problem is the audio, I would like that in surround sound but the optical output from the Samsung hub doesn't appear to support it. There is an hdmi ARC port but my older home theatre system doesn't have that tech.

That's the one thing about Samsung/LG tv's the sound quality is poor, mainly because the speakers are on the back and basically hit the wall and dont bounce off properly. Soundbar is a solution, but then it's laying out more money for something that shouldn't really be required.

Back