Ubr Broms Urgent

lasor

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

First of all let me first appologise for bringing this request outside of the MAC Request area. I have posted several times in this area but I am getting no joy.

My first question is with the mac addresses do I need to stay in the same ubr region? for example I am on ubr02.broms.blueyonder.co.uk so does this mean I can only use ubr0?.broms.blueyonder.co.uk The reason I ask is I have tried several different areas all withing a 15 mile radios but do not seem to be able to get any macs that work. I have tried several times to request ubr??.broms but it seems like I must be the only member from this forum on this ubr

My next question is somebody once said "just use one of the sa-dtv-only.cm from your ubr and change the config file" Can I ask has anybody else done this and is it safe to use? What I mean by safe is Untraceable..

and finaly if there is any members with the ubr??.broms.blueyonder.co.uk please drop me a PM so we can trade....Im feeling very lonely on here from my area???

Thanks

Hi All

First of all let me first appologise for bringing this request outside of the MAC Request area. I have posted several times in this area but I am getting no joy.

My first question is with the mac addresses do I need to stay in the same ubr region? for example I am on ubr02.broms.blueyonder.co.uk so does this mean I can only use ubr0?.broms.blueyonder.co.uk The reason I ask is I have tried several different areas all withing a 15 mile radios but do not seem to be able to get any macs that work. I have tried several times to request ubr??.broms but it seems like I must be the only member from this forum on this ubr

My next question is somebody once said "just use one of the sa-dtv-only.cm from your ubr and change the config file" Can I ask has anybody else done this and is it safe to use? What I mean by safe is Untraceable..

and finaly if there is any members with the ubr??.broms.blueyonder.co.uk please drop me a PM so we can trade....Im feeling very lonely on here from my area???

Thanks

well any mac apart from 02 should work 15 miles away would work in london but 15 miles could be a different region up in ur side of town. try macs that r like up to 4 to 6 miles away district and villages that r nextdoor 2 u thats on tw and make sure ur config file is correct (cm-10240-384), and as for sa-dtv-only.cm ther only traceable if u put ur name and address @ the end of it, i've never try these myself so i can tell u if they work or not but i dont see the harm in trying.

Yes m8 you need to stay in the same ubr region,
as yours is 02, thats the only one you cant use cause
you'll just keep getting kicked off

Thanks guys..

1 Final question? I now have a working mac that I got from ubr03.broms it is a 2mb mac and I am using the cm-10240-384 config to force it to 10mb. All seems to be working OK...

My question is on my sub modem I am on ubr02.broms so I have got a mac from ubr03.broms what I need to know is should I remain on ubr02.broms ( my normal sub connection) using the copied mac or should I automatically be changed to ubr03.broms (where I got the mac from). The reason I say this is because I am still on ubr02.broms???? I hope that makes sense to somebody?

Last edited:
UBR02 will be the switch you are physically attached to, the only way that will change is if the cableco re-organises the UBR.

UBR02 will be the switch you are physically attached to, the only way that will change is if the cableco re-organises the UBR.

Thanks lincsat..

It all makes sense now..

Cheers

Not sure what you mean but if your thinking of using
a cloned mac on your subbed box
dont!!
just leave it as it is

Not sure what you mean but if your thinking of using
a cloned mac on your subbed box
dont!!
just leave it as it is

No not planning to use clonned mac on subbed modem. I was just questioning the fact that I am still on the same ubr with my clonned mac on my H*cked moded as I was on the subbed. But it is all sorted now thanks

Back