ubomb problems

bigbow64

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi to all
Im new to the cable scene and i am seeking advice on the ubomb pre modd unlooper.... ............just accquired it a few days and cant seem to find hardly support for it and all seems to point to the t911. I have the t911 tutorials which dont give any clues to problems encountered........ so im hoping someone can help. Im Trying to flash the atmel chip on the ubomb using a usb to serial com port lead...... the first error im getting is unknown com port using the t911 xpatmel flash prog............. so updated to using the xpatmel v2.0a and error reads cannot find the dynamic drivers...... unsure of what's happening ............. im going to try to attach and flash from PC that has a serial com port fitted and see how it goes but open to any suggestions : multi :

thanks one love
bigbow

Hi mate-I posted this a while back as I was having problems with mine. If you got it from Jabs it seems there were some faulty ones around. Have a go as below and see if you can flash it.(Use XPAtmel)Check the jumpers as well

I've had dramas with my Ubombs, had 3 so far and finally have one working. Just to let you know whoever has bought these(the ones with the 3 pot adjusters on it) the settings are ALL dips OFF to flash with a jumper set across left 2 pins (the jumper pegs are behind the Atmel chip). Then to glitch move the jumper to the right 2 pins and set DIP 2 ONLY to on. You also have another jumper setting behind the 2 pot adjusters which seems to have to be set across the 2 left pins for Rom 10's? This seems to work for me so hopefully it will for you.

Hi mate-I posted this a while back as I was having problems with mine. If you got it from Jabs it seems there were some faulty ones around. Have a go as below and see if you can flash it.(Use XPAtmel)Check the jumpers as well

I've had dramas with my Ubombs, had 3 so far and finally have one working. Just to let you know whoever has bought these(the ones with the 3 pot adjusters on it) the settings are ALL dips OFF to flash with a jumper set across left 2 pins (the jumper pegs are behind the Atmel chip). Then to glitch move the jumper to the right 2 pins and set DIP 2 ONLY to on. You also have another jumper setting behind the 2 pot adjusters which seems to have to be set across the 2 left pins for Rom 10's? This seems to work for me so hopefully it will for you.

thanks for your speedy reply my friend...... my ubomb is the pre modded and has no adjustable pots whatsoever it has four dips..... no jumpers around the atmel chip or on the board...........unfortunately i did get it from jabs place and been having problems regarding their service and delivery on other items and it looks like non starter. i feel with this unit and may have to take it on the chin with this one ...... however i will try your suggestions as far as the dips go and see how it goes from there....... once thanks again for your support: multi :

just to report back.... the basic ubomb pre modded does not need the switch on it ...................after contacting jabs place they told me they removed them before dispatch because it's not needed to glitch or unloop......... they were right...... my problem was solved because you cannot glitch or unloop with a usb -serial com cable.........................................The ubomb needs to be connected to PC via a serial com port and "NOT" a usb SERIALcom port and all should be fine........ it work first time for me and no problem flashing it or glitching thereafter......... hope it helps anyone who suffered a minor headache like me ..........: multi :

Back