DVB - PC Cards Twinhan dvb-c cab ci card not recognising CAMs

gerner

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone else found that the 2031 version of the twinhan card won't recognise certain (maybe all?) CAMs?

I've tried with a T-Rex and Matrix Reloaded with no luck.

I've spoken with the guys at HiSat (where I got the card from) and they've done some testing on their end. They've found the newer multi-emulation CAMs don't work for them either with this card. They think the zeta cam reflashed with that Joker version 0.79 should work as its been around long time.

Let us know if you've tried using this card with any CAMs and their success or failure to be recognised.

same problem here... BlueZeta not working... bought a cas2 plus to try and reprogram the cam...

having trouble getting the JCARD to connect?? just getting the red square all the time??

DiGG

Digg,

Connect it up as per usual, select Joker module and move the j card VERY slightly till you get a green
erase and reprogram cam and you're away
I've posted the joker firmware somewhere, you will need that version as the others i found were all funcard updates which didn't work
once into the cam menu select NAG as your provider and either change your boxkey (187 8 times makes it bb bb bb bb bb bb bb bb ( saves messing round when programming funcards etc)
Zeta blue also works in tt2300 premium CI
i've done programming my cams now so theres a cas2 going begging if anyone wants to make me an offer????

Digg,

Connect it up as per usual, select Joker module and move the j card VERY slightly till you get a green
erase and reprogram cam and you're away
I've posted the joker firmware somewhere, you will need that version as the others i found were all funcard updates which didn't work
once into the cam menu select NAG as your provider and either change your boxkey (187 8 times makes it bb bb bb bb bb bb bb bb ( saves messing round when programming funcards etc)
Zeta blue also works in tt2300 premium CI
i've done programming my cams now so theres a cas2 going begging if anyone wants to make me an offer????

bit confused :)

should the jcard be on the left or the right side of the cam??

insert on the right then slide it over to the left - it kinda hoks into place - don't do this live though!!!

finaly managed to re-prog the cam with the 0.79 flash that you posted cheers..

what do i do now?

wha i put the cam into the card and start progdvb. from the CI menu it tels me that the CAM is not present!!

any i deas??

also when o prog a fun/mosc, do i now leave the Bk & IRD parts blank?

tnx for any info

DiGG

found the problem.... looks like ive knackered the CI slot on the card :(
also the cas2 is knackered!!

bent pins at the base of the pcmcia slots!!

well pi$$ed off!!!!! :(

How do you know you've knackered the CI slot? Just wondering as I think i may have the same problem. Cheers.

have a look into the CI slot, you may need a small light/torch. Look at the pins where the CAM locates onto... a few of mine are bent and i cant get them straight

How did you manage that? Sounds like a problem with the cam to me.
Once you get the cam working it will show the provider and boxkey, either change the bk on the card to match or change the bk on the cam to summat easy like bb bb bb bb bb bb bb bb (187 decimal x 8)
You see what I mean when you get to the cam menu

right... ive stripped the cas2 and managed to striaghten the pins (without snapping any)

ive erased and reprogramed the CAM with the 0.79 flash

ive taken the dvb-c card out of the pc and straingtened the pins.. then pushed the cam in and out a few times just to make sure that the pins dont re-bend.

put everything back together!!

started prgdvb with the cam in the ci slot (no fun or mosc in the cam)

progdvb still says 'cam not present'

any ideas??

cheers
DiGG

Yeah its looking like the CI on them is very ropey. I had a dragon cam and matrix reloaded cam working for all of 2-3 hours before they stopped being recognised again.

If you've got the dosh and the space I think the floppy dtv cards are the way to go

Saying that, I'm pretty happy using my twinhan's with the softcams its just that the channel change could be a bit quicker.

I've never had a problem with the firedtv apart from not getting it to work in vista mce but thats probably me going at it like a bull at a gate lol
Is the firmware on the cards you have up to date guys??
If you do decide to ditch the cards just make sure you keep hold of the zeta blues, they work fine with firedtv and tt2300 premiums plus au funs
Maybe you should post in the hardware links sticky warning potential buyers of the issues you've had and to maybe steer clear (best to do that after you've stuck 'em on ebay of course)

thanks for the info... ill be looking for one of these firedtv cards then..

just to add the twinhan card works well with the softcam!

Back