Twin OE no network interface

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
I can't get ethernet working. Its says no interface. Ive updated to latest vix but no joy. Ive read you need to apply a new mac address but unsure how to do that.

Is this correct, can anyone help me with this. Do i just connect ethernet from technomate box to laptop and telnet, but how do you telnet when box has no IP

Ethernet port from your technomate needs to go to a router to keep things simple not you laptop.

You dont need to change the mac address

If connecting to your laptop from STB then u need a crossover cable and set a static IP on lappy as 192.168.0.1. The STB box with DHCP turned off then set ip to 192.168.0.2

Open your telnet session and connect to the box IP.

As previously suggested. Easier way is connect to router with normal straight thru Ethernet cable.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

The network interface is not working on my box but there lights on the ethernet port so from what I've read there is a common fault where the box has lost its MAC address, re-adding this seems to fix it but not sure on what to do to add MAC address..

On ATV it's menu-setup-system setup-network-device setup-network mac settings

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Ive signed up to technomate forum to download required tools but admin has not verified my account yet and I signed up on friday. Has anyone got else files?

Would of been much quicker if you uploaded the files here instead of sending him elsewhere imo

Having you got the boot loader, its further on down the technomate thread, its used after the process to prevent it happening again

Also it says in instructions to read right to left regarding sticker on back of technomate for mac address. I have a 16 digit number on the back of my box, do i use the first 12 numbers or last 12 numbers starting from last digit...and working back..

Seems a bit strange ...

Losing internet connecting can be caused by losing Mac. address which might be after effect of multiple installation of different images.
please Press Lan button on your remote/adaptor setting/see if ip address is missing/Exit to menu/setup/information/about /2nd line down you can see mac. address /if all Zeroes
Follow below
==============================================
Even instruction followed in some circumstances it will not write.
By following below instruction job done each time by 100%
Ignore TM-Nnao writing on the Loader it is for all 7355 models

1- Look at the back of your Receiver you will see Mac, Address
Write mac. address of any 7355 receiver on a sheet of paper >>I.e.>TM-twin/2t/nano/nano2t/single.
2-Read from Wright to left 12 digits Example. 1112 0cc6ac009c3f Use all7335 models Loader
3-connect RS232 to pc and receiver/Write mac, address in multiple of 2 in each box
Press start
4-Turn on the receiver and immediately press ALT/C several times on your pc keyboard until you see CFE on the bottom of your screen /job is done

5-ALT/F4 will turn off the Loader off desktop screen.

To prevent Mac. Address loss.
Please follow below instruction.
After fixing Mac. Address please unzip attached boatload use usb, insert to the front or rear usb, off/on
from rear follow on screen instruction. After downloading this boatload it will not happen again.
if you are upgrading to any other images , after image download down load this boatload to prevent from happening again
Attached Files:

Attachments

• Bootload -to prevent mac.problem.rar
    598.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Rat
Back