twilight hack for 3.3 consoles

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Step by Step

1. Begin by formatting your SD card to FAT16 if it is not already (in Windows it's just called "FAT"). FAT32 should also work in the latest release.
* If you get an error such as "Failed to read boot.elf (-1)!" then reformatting your SD card with the Official SD Card Format Tool may help.
* To do this on Mac OS X, open the Disk Utility (in Finder click the Go menu, select Utilities and find it there). Your SD card should show up as two entries. Choose the second entry, and then go to the Erase tab. Select the FAT16 option in the Volume Format dropdown, and assign a name to the device (if you want to), then click Erase. Confirm that you want to erase, and then follow the rest of this guide when it's done.
2. Copy the "private" directory from the download to your SD card.
3. Take your homebrew Wii executable (elf or dol file) and save it in the root directory of your SD card as "boot.elf" or "boot.dol" as appropriate.
4. Now, put the SD card into your Wii and turn it on.
5. Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii.
6. Find your Zelda save, click on it, click "Erase", and click Yes.
7. Open the SD card and select the "Twilight Hack" save that corresponds to your game region. Note: Some people are having problems with the Wii not "seeing" the save file on the SD card. If you are experiencing this, try setting the archive bit from the data.bin file - in Windows this can be either be done from the file's properties dialog (right click on it in Windows Explorer and check the box) or from the command line using "attrib +a <path to data.bin>". More info at #wiihelp on Efnet.
8. Click copy and then yes. Now exit out of the menu.
9. Insert The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game disc and run the game.
* If you have the USA version of the game, load the "TwilightHack0" or "TwilightHack2" version of the game as appropriate (see above).
* Otherwise, load the only "Twilight Hack" save game.
10. Once in the game, either walk backwards or talk to the man standing in front of you.
11. Enjoy.

i installed it yesterday.... works perfect, now ill be downgrading the wii today to see how it comes....

good clear instructions installed following and works a beaut:D

Ive searched hours and hours looking for the simplest version, I found this exact one yesterday ... only to find out it comes from here ... I could have saved so much time if we had just cut up the middle man :)

i have tried to install the twilight hack on a wii with version 3.3e but when installin ticket. it says ES_addticket failed..-2011 any ideas gurus

im having problems downloading this

will I be ok with using a burnt copy of twilight princess? i dont know which version i have

wiikey2 FTW!

you can downgrade your firmware? how do you you do that?

ok does the link in this thread work for boht versions of USA-twilight princess?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back