TW Dumps for 1000 and 1000ph1b?

afcwomble

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help so far but now i'm going for it:Clap: I have a 1000ph1b with no atties on main board at all(another fleabay rip-off) and my brothers old1000 on ex C&W software which won't update. From info on here looks like I have to reflash the atmels? Right, i've ordered my new reflow station, willem and blank atties which should be ariving Monday or Tuesday (hopefully) but i'm in need of the dumps for these if anyone can oblige?:) I have a 10001b myself but don't want to remove the atties if possible as theres a good chance i'll balls it up somewhere along the line! Also if someone can tell me if i put 2 new atmels on the 1000 sim (they've been removed as well) do they have to be programmed as well or do they go by themselves once instream? Thanks in advance.:Cheers:

Blime mate its xmass chill out lol,
I can help you with the dumps and i would advise you to get some good flux and a microscope or good magnifier and bright light, as for the simm I have tried putting blank atties on them but it don't work anymore (well not the times when i tried it but i'm in C&W area and it might be different in TW), Once you got your willie working ok give me a PM with your e-mail addy on and i'll send the dumps ok.
Clive.

Cheers Clive mate. The way I look at it is if i find something to do over the festive season i'll be pie eyed every day:Doc: Wasn't too sure about whether the atties on simm had to be blank or not as the answers seem to differ a bit here. Do they nd to be flashed as well with the same dump as onboards? What flux do you recommend with this as i have to get this and some braid(prob pop to Maplins). I've also ordered a magnifying lamp with the rework station as I undone the anti-update mod on my own ph1b using a jewellers spyglass-not easy lol. PM sent also with email. Thanks.

hi afcwomble
for the 1000 just put the test simm dumps on bridge the r100 put it in go into eng menue set pin freq and net id in that order then just let the box update
roberts your mothers brother
should just update
regards

Cheers Menthol. Will try that 1st. From what i've read this creates a test simm yes? does that mean the dumps will be held on the simm and if so do i actually need the onboard atties? If this is this case i can use the onboards for the simm can't i?

hi mate
not actually tried it without onboard atties as i reckon the less you mess the less can go wrong but if you have to dump them anyhow then by all means remove them then do the test simm if it works it works if not do the onboard atties aswell put them back
remember when checking for 8888 on onboard atties with test simm dumps on the simm remove it from the box power up and wait for pace then err2
regards
ps if you need the test dump i have 1 for ya
and neva a bad idea to have a couple of atties just in case

What do you mean "when checking for 8888 on onboard atties with test simm dumps on the simm remove it from the box power up and wait for pace then err2"? Is that to just check i've soldered the onboards ok? If you can send me the test simm dumps i'll give that a go thanks. PM sent with email addy. Ordered 10 atmels from that place you recommended(A1 by the way) while I was ordering the other bits. In for a penny....

Went for the 968-seemed to be a good all rounder. Got a 4.9a willem and tsop48 for progging chips.must be mad but quite looking forward to the challenge lol. won't be saying that if i keep seeing 8888 after tho!

unavoidable unfortuntly mate just make sure you flow the contacts when youve lifted the ic and make sure theres no flux on the board when replaceing until ya need it
i use meths or the good stuff called type 10by windsor whurth

I'll take my time with it. Maybe one day i'll be able to do it like Tango's video-5 mins:Laugh: Got a bottle of meths so i'll use that.

I use this flux Here
no cleaning needed and works well when cleaning the attie legs up ;)
8888's displayed means the onboard atties need a reflow usually and make sure you've got no legs shorted.
err2 is the simm usually, clean contacts or reflow the simm atties if your mucking about with them.
Good luck ;)
Clive.

keep ya air speeds to about 25 at 320 temp dont hold the hed in 1 place for to long and to start of with i had to solder the 24 and 48 pin first just to hold it in place then apply the air press down on the ic with a smal flat screw driver then apply good no clean flux and apply hot air again
i find i get the best results this way

Cheers lads the advice is much appreciated. will be getting all my extra bits and pieces the weekend.

Does anyone have any dump for TW, please sent me some any will do.

Back