tw cable newbie

brownowl

New Member ++
Reaction score
I am looking to do my tw cable box. But not too sure on how to get started. Someone told me i will have to lift a chip, cut the talk back and write a new card for my box. Can some one please help and tell me what type of card i need and the chip type is required and is there an on line guide. THANKS

If this is your subbed box then don't even think about it. Get yourself a non subbed box from another source !

If the box comes with a matched card then you may be in luck. You should be able to edit the data on the card and use that card. The complexity of getting into the card will depend on the firmware revision of the card. The later revisions need a device called a glitcher to break into them whilst the earlier revisions are reasonably simple to open using nothing more than a phoenix compatible programmer and a special program.

If the box has no matched card then things are a little more complex as you will likely have to lift the Atmel chips from the mainboard, read them and then replace them. The Atmel chips are the ones with the finest pin spacing you can find on the board and are not easy to do !

To read these chips you would also require a special programmer (search for Willem programmer)

Whats the model of your box m8.... if you look on the bottom of the box there is a big white sticker , that will tell you your model number.

So peep's out their can help you out the best way to obtain your BK from your box.

Have a read up on this , it will help you uderstand about it a bit more.

Like @nozzer said , If this is your subbed box then don't even think about it. Get yourself a non subbed box from another source !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Garry

Last edited:
My model is Di1010T Phase 1b. Is there another box i can use that uses cards. Another other than a dbox2? Thanks for the tutorial.

Last edited:
Back