TW Cable Help!!!

mas123

Inactive User
Reaction score
If I told you that I would have to kill you.
Hi Guys,

I'm new so forgive me for saying anything stupid.

I got a Pace DITV-1000. Its a NTL box which I'm using in a TW area. It's stopped working recently when Teleport rolled out in my area. I'm in the Sutton/Mitcham area.

Any other questions just ask

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks,

mas123:Jester:

Your only option is to remove the antiupdate mod (look at the simm and you will probably find two chips are missing, you'll need to replace these or get another simm), and then lift the atmels on the main board and flash with a 1000T dump. Alternatively (and probably more realistic), get a telewest box :)

Mate,

You will have to reprogram the atmels with TW software (CR4) or CR3 and let the box upgrade to CR4 automatically.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replys. Got a few questions:

1. Firstly, is a "chipped box" just a normal box with talkback cut (or is there any other modification?). Reson for asking is that I am thinking of just cutting talkback on my orignal box.

2. Secondly, after I lost my channels I put my original telewest box back on, but for some reason I only get a few channels, much less than the ones I should get with my package? Whats the reason for this?

Thanks,

mas123

The only hardware mod is to cut the talkback (antiupdate mod is no longer required). You will also need to obtain your bk and program a card. If by your original box you mean your subbed box, then modifying it is a real bad plan - how are you going to explain it when the cc eventually collect the box?

Hi guys,

Really appreciate the replys.

* Firstly, good point about the subbed box bammy.

* Secondly, any idea about why I havent got the channels that I should have with my package (previous post number 2)

* Finally, why do some boxes have antiupdate mods?

* Thirdly, where could I get a TW box (Got the one i've got now from the bay, but not selling many anymore)

Back