TW Cable Help

mas123

Inactive User
Reaction score
If I told you that I would have to kill you.
Hi,

New to the forum so forgive me for saying anything stupid.

I got a "special" TW box, and it stopped working a few days ago. I'm 90% sure its because of teleport, as I have seen a few posts that have the same prob as me. The box is a pace (standard ones TW dish out). Anyone know what's causing this and also how to fix it.

Would apprediate any help.

Thanks,

mas123

hi there m8 just pop into the newbie section and say hi m8 just a nice thing to do

can you give us abit more info on your box ie is it booting up or is there error codes on the display just try and explain whats it actually doing from plugging it in

hi :)

what card do you have in your box also what area are you in?

aslo
dont want to sound picky as it is your first post
but normally ppl introduce themselves here:
General Phone Discussions
after telling us a bit about yourself read the rules here :
[DLMURL]http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/rules.php?[/DLMURL]
then use the search facility which is here
Advanced Search - World of Digital
so as not to upset anyone, then post your questions or advice in the relevant room please after you have used the search facility . The basic stuff has already been covered many times before and it will save you annoying ppl you might need later on by asking basic questions

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice. Introduced myself in the newbies section.

OK, This is what I can tell you about the cable box:

When I got it all the guy who sold it asked me is the area I live in (Sutton/Mitcham) so he could set the net id and freq and my cable provider (TW)

1. The box is a NTL pace box that I am using to recieve TW (has NTL menus and stuff)

2. The card is a NTL card (probably modifed)

3. When it boots up all it does is go to channel 47. All you see is a black screen and the 'now and next' bar with the time and date but no program listings showing. You can change channels but they are all black.

Anything else anyone wants to know just.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

mas123

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice. Introduced myself in the newbies section.

OK, This is what I can tell you about the cable box:

When I got it all the guy who sold it asked me is the area I live in (Sutton/Mitcham) so he could set the net id and freq and my cable provider (TW)

1. The box is a NTL pace box that I am using to recieve TW (has NTL menus and stuff)

2. The card is a NTL card (probably modifed)

3. When it boots up all it does is go to channel 47. All you see is a black screen and the 'now and next' bar with the time and date but no program listings showing. You can change channels but they are all black.

Anything else anyone wants to know just.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

mas123

hi m8,

thanks for the reply.

I was using the box for quite a while before it stopped working so I dont think thats the prob.

Its only since teleport rolled out in my area that its stopped working. Thts what why I suspect thts the prob.

Thanks for the reply anyway,

mas123

sharpe1983 said:
i dont think you can use a ntl box in a telewest area m8

It is possible (or was!), NTL CR1 and CR2 did work on TW but due to the Teleport CR4 upgrades on TW they no longer work.

If the box is a 1000 Phase 1b it would be possible to get it to update on TW to CR4 but any other model may need to be reflashed manually.

Spectre said:
It is possible (or was!), NTL CR1 and CR2 did work on TW but due to the Teleport CR4 upgrades on TW they no longer work.
If the box is a 1000 Phase 1b it would be possible to get it to update on TW to CR4 but any other model may need to be reflashed manually.
you learn something new everyday m8

Back