tv recording question

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
guys

i have a question about my 42 inch lcd tv.

it is an lg and it has a record tv function on it i think its called simplink, how does this work please i have cable tv but no terrestial aerial as it has fell off my roof!
can this be hooked up via cable tv? if so how do i do it.

many thanks.

guys

i have a question about my 42 inch lcd tv.

it is an lg and it has a record tv function on it i think its called simplink, how does this work please i have cable tv but no terrestial aerial as it has fell off my roof!
can this be hooked up via cable tv? if so how do i do it.

many thanks.

has anyone got any ideas please?

you may be able to record the terrestial channels if u plug the cable feed into ur tv but i dont think you would get anything else?

give it a go mate you can only try

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Had a quick Google on Simplink as I'd never heard of it. IF your recorder is Simplink compatible I guess the tv 'tells' it to record at the right time. Don't think your tv physically records, it only sends the commands. I've been wrong before though, I may be talking complete bollox.

How do you have them connected? Cable in to your cable box, output to recorder, recorder output to tv?

As Gav says you can only try it mate,
Good Luck,
HH.

Had a quick Google on Simplink as I'd never heard of it. IF your recorder is Simplink compatible I guess the tv 'tells' it to record at the right time. Don't think your tv physically records, it only sends the commands. I've been wrong before though, I may be talking complete bollox.

How do you have them connected? Cable in to your cable box, output to recorder, recorder output to tv?

As Gav says you can only try it mate,
Good Luck,
HH.

no mate i think the simplink is built in( may be wrong) it isnt a seperate recorder as such im pretty sure its linked to the built in freeview as it will record that but was wondering if i can get it to work with cable?

Told you I'd been wrong before, looks like it again. No idea about recording cable.
Good luck, HH.

Back