tv lisence

pil196

Inactive User
Reaction score
my lady has just had the tvlisence bloke at the door and she let him step in as her payment card expired in august i know she sould pay it but the bloke was giving it the big i am and he knows it all so i fooked him off as she is already paying for one fine and we dont even watch bbc channels and the tv bloke shouted back at me im comming back with the police . can thay do that????

Actually..they have more power than the police..if I recall they have a statutory right to enter, same as the customs & excise

ouch this may sting abit now then:(

pil196 said:
my lady has just had the tvlisence bloke at the door and she let him step in as her payment card expired in august i know she sould pay it but the bloke was giving it the big i am and he knows it all so i fooked him off as she is already paying for one fine and we dont even watch bbc channels and the tv bloke shouted back at me im comming back with the police . can thay do that????
not watching bbc is nogood
what u have the licence for is to recieve tv and radio even if u didnt have a tv just a monitor with a video recorder
the recorer is a receiveing device

Put any receiving devices in the loft, that'll fook em!

Get your Gran to come and live with you, if she is over 75 she gets free tv licence

lone.gunman said:
Actually..they have more power than the police..if I recall they have a statutory right to enter, same as the customs & excise

Dont think they do, they only have a right to inspect your licence, and as they know you dont have one, they try gather evidence to support a prosecution, as far as i am aware they have no right whatsoever to enter your house without your permission. more information will be available on the tv license web site.

The TV guys have no power although they would love people to believe this. If they knock at your door you either dont answer or say **** all. They'll try first with the are you the house owner so they have you so always ask them who the feck are you. Give them nothing and they have nothing.

Feck the BBC and there surporters who expect everyone else to pay towards the favorite stations. let them pay for there own fecking television

http://www.tvlicensing.biz

Hmm..I stand corrected..learnt something today

If an inspector calls...
...there are steps that you should take to protect yourself, even if you are certain that you do not require a licence. The following measures may sound like you are becoming a conspiracy theorist but they are prudent, just in case. Inspectors are understood to receive a bounty upon conviction; there is a financial incentive to prosecute.
There is no legal requirement to admit an inspector, unless he has a warrant. However, these pages are written from the perspective that you have nothing to hide. Nevertheless, your first decision should be... do I let him in? Inspectors are well trained and skilled in their craft and may therefore try to trip you up. There is absolutely no legal requirement to tell an inspector why you are not admitting him... even if he asks. In fact, you do not have to answer at all any questions posed by him.
If you decide to let the inspector in, he should show his official identity. Insist on corroboratory identification such as a driving licence. Make a note of the inspector's name, address and any other details. While he remains outside, telephone the TV licensing centre's number on his identity card for verification. You may even like to photograph them, if you can. All this guards against bogus con-artists who masquerade as inspectors with a view to burglary at some later point - yes, it has happened.
Get a witness - a neighbour perhaps - before admitting or even talking to an inspector. Introduce your witness to the inspector and tell him why the witness is present... to observe the meeting and installation with you both.
If the inspector believes that you are using equipment unlawfully, he will undoubtedly try to conduct a formal interview, under caution. Remember that you do not need to answer his questions and you can demand that he leaves at any time.
Do not sign anything, even if it seems innocent. There are plenty of accounts of how TV licensing misrepresents.
Keep accurate notes of the meeting.
Tell the inspector that you do not expect any further visits.
These steps in themselves do not guarantee you will escape prosecution. Remember that you are actually deemed to be guilty till proven innocent!

and a bit more info HERE to...

not a fan of the tv license never had one for years now and dont intend to start its just another con

Back