TV License

Matt-LivUniSkydivers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone had loads of threatening letters from the TV License people?

An easy way to get them off your back it to sign up to the online TV license, and pay via Direct Debit.

Here's the important bit... You make sure you either cancel the direct debit or dont have enough money in your account! You never pay, you never get a license, but it gets them off you back through a loop hole in their system.

Although don't blame me if your the unlucky one who gets stung! So far I'm all good, and so are my friends! :)

Last edited:
or just tell them that you dont have a telly asnd if they keep harassing you then youll sue them

I pay by DD - that way they don't seem to send any cr4p through!

neva paid it neva will dont watch bbc so wont pay it told them that when @ the door lst yr and no 1 ever came again no letters or nothin was told i would be find and took 2 court but still waittin

expect the unexpected as it always happens

neva paid it neva will dont watch bbc so wont pay it told them that when @ the door lst yr and no 1 ever came again no letters or nothin was told i would be find and took 2 court but still waittin

expect the unexpected as it always happens

You are not paying to receive bbc , if you read up on the licence details it is for equipment capable of receiving a colour signal .

You are not paying to receive bbc , if you read up on the licence details it is for equipment capable of receiving a colour signal .

It's a funny (not haha) issue this,

when you buy a Freeview Box it's your property.
when you watch a commerical tv channel (i.e. ITV/4/5) the broadcaster pays for the airtime.
The Airtime is paid for by advertisements.
yet, the tv license says we pay to receive the channels, (this is a lie)
what we really pay for is to receive the BBC advertisement free
and this is why we are forced into it (if we want to watch anything on live tv)

way around it? sure!,
buy/rent dvds,
go to a m8's house and watch his tv! :D
go to a pub and get free football matches :D (they love us)
go to a tv shop (comet) and watch their tv(s)!, (if they bug you say you're looking) lol
i went to a tv shop (independent) once and watched a football match (sky sports) in High Def free of charge :)D)
record a years worth of tv on your pc (broadcaster(s)) repeat programs anyway so whats the differience? (even edit out the ads on your pc) save disk space more programs!

i bet theres more ways as well!
: laalaa :

id rather buy beer with the money, oh, wait, i do buy beer with the money lol

My sister refused to pay for a licence on the grounds that she dosen't watch any broadcast TV. After several letters and phonecalls, they said ok, but they will review it in 1 year. So thats 1 year free :)

Back