tutorial problem

blockhead

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I'm following Liam Craydens tutorial and on page 16 "Writing the flash file", when I go to "flash without bootloader" there is no image there. My connection seems to be fine and pc says the image has been successfully sent to box. I have tried on two boxes and get same problem on both. The only option under "flash without bootloader" is CANCEL.

Anyone know If I've done something wrong, I have followed the tutorial to the letter.

Thanks

blockhead said:
Hi, I'm following Liam Craydens tutorial and on page 16 "Writing the flash file", when I go to "flash without bootloader" there is no image there. My connection seems to be fine and pc says the image has been successfully sent to box. I have tried on two boxes and get same problem on both. The only option under "flash without bootloader" is CANCEL.
Anyone know If I've done something wrong, I have followed the tutorial to the letter.
Thanks

better useing image flashing assistant
follow instructions dead easy that way

Hi,

FTP the file into the tmp folder and it will be there. Just enter the DBox's IP address into Internet Explorer (ftp://192.168.0.024/tmp) obviously changing the IP address to the boxes.

Hope this helps.

de_deej

blockhead, it seems that you used the DBOX Command Centre 1.0 software to transfer the image - unfortunately this does not work on all machines, even tho it reports success.

As de_deej says, type ftp://192.168.0.24/tmp into Internet Explorer, obviously replacing the IP address above with your own. When asked, the username is "root" and the password is either "dbox", "dbox2" or blank (all without quotes).

Hope this helps.
Liam.

OK heres an update.

I used the ftp method and got the sportster over to the box.

I then checked the box for the new IP address. now when I try to connect to send over the services it won't let me connect. My network connections tab tells me its connected but the ftp program says it isn't.

Cursing and scratching my head now.

Cheers guys

Hi,

You need to re-set the network address on the D-Box follow Liams guide again. I would recommend a full scan to make sure you get all the availible channels.

de_deej

I have read Liams guide again and it doesn't say anything about resetting the boxes address. Besides that my problem now is for some reason my pc will not connect to any of my boxes anymore. The first box, which I managed to get sportster onto is currently doing a scan, don't know how long I need to wait for that.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

go into: setings, network connections, and check the IP address. It normally changes whenever a new image is flashed to the box. Simply re-set it to what it was before.

de_deej

It probably wont let you connect because the previous IP address was probably something like 192.168.0.24, whereas the new Sportster IP is something like 192.168.1.100.

Notice the difference in numbers (highlighted in bold).
If your PC address is set to 192.168.0.2 (for example), then it will be able to connect to the box if it was 192.168.0.24, but not if it was 192.168.1.100.

Does that make sense?
If you dont want to change the IP address on the DBOX, change your PC's IP address to match it.

For example:
PC = 192.168.1.80
DBOX = 192.168.1.100

or

PC = 192.168.100.5
DBOX = 192.168.100.10

Hope that makes sense and hope that helps.
Liam.

Thanks Liam that sorted that problem I didn't realise third number had to be the same.

I have now done 2 boxes successfully but for some reason the third has went into kein system and now I'm stuck.

Could you tell me what 2 ends a null modem cable has cos I'm not sure the guy in the shop sold me the right cable.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I think its female to female but not sure. You don't need the null cable just a lot of patience.

de_deej

Back