tutorial and what next

corey

Inactive User
Reaction score
done a little reading read a tutorial on how to change an ntl 100,120 ok think i can do that but what else does it involve want to keep my subscription to 1meg do i buy a second hand modem and modify this,do i run off a splitter what about my e mail adress and can i be detected and linked to my home any feedback appreciated

Your right on almost all your questions.
Yes get another modem ,but an ambit 200 the others are w*nk.
I dont use ntl email and everyone on here suggests not to on a cloned modem. Just incase??
If you had a cloned modem running i can't really see how ntl could tell.
Unless you said your name and address on here of course.
and if you did you could
Just say you was looking for beenie babies.
That always works for me!!!
Now heres the rub!!
Your a bit late to join the free ambit party!!!
They are being zapped by ntl as we speak and its a big pain to get them going again.
I had four going on and of,in the end i just unplugged them all and went back to my subbed.
I'll wait untill all the zapping blows over.
I'm also moving on to a different type of modem called a motorola surfboard.
If you haven't already you will see lots of posts about them.
They are hopefully more reliable and some are not as difficult to do than the ambits.
They are quite a bit more expensive to buy though.
I'd say if you get a cheap ambit 200 have a go. I'm sure it would stay on line for a while and who knows all the zapping might stop after a while.

Good luck keep at it.

Last edited:
thanks for shedding some light on the ambits ill wait and see how it turns out

M8 if your thinking of getting another modem, make sure you use smac to change you network card mac, or change card, if its usb that will be ok.

2nd Nthell have stoped their updates to the ambits, they seem to be doing more on the cable TV at the min. Id get a 200 and DO NOT plug it into the feed at all, Until you have changed the MAC and done the ANTI UPDATE MOD!!!!

Wats the Anti update mod and does this mean nthell cant knock ur modem off?

vintyd said:
Wats the Anti update mod and does this mean nthell cant knock ur modem off?

Thats right, look in the downloads for the 200 updated tut (its a anti update command).

vintyd said:
The download section aint workin for me and hasnt for days :(

i think you need more post mate to get it to download section

Back