Turtle Beach Stealth 700

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hello Guys

Has anyone got these , i have a pair that charges but wont turn on unless i have the aux cable plugged in? And because i have this in they wont pair to my XBOX but i can use them on my phone via blue tooth? Strangely as soon as i remove the Aux cable wit

Found this on I fixit.com

ok have been pulling my hair out get yourself a 3.5 mm male both end jack. Connect to computer and headset now connect your charging to lap top while holding down super human hearing should bring you to hub and connect to update. the only thing you’re doing different is you have head set connected to computer with head phone jack. sounds crazy but it works. once you final your setting on hub you can disconnect leaving the male 3.5mm jack connected to your head set if you remove jack from head set it will power down again and continue to do it just leave in place the 3.5mm jack in head set and it works fine. Let me know if this worked for anybody else. Small price to pay for these expensive headset.

OMG!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!
My son and I have been messing around trying to get his headset to download the newest software and it would not work with using the charging cable.
We followed your directions and it was an immediate connection and download. We also did a "restore" download and now the light is white on the headset.
Connected the headset to the xbox one controller using the 3.5 mm jack and now it works. Not perfect, but at least he can use it.
THANK YOU!!!!!! Best wishes to you

Found this on reddit

Get an audio cable from hyperx, i had this issue and ended up buying a pair of cloud alphas and tested the audio cable it came with on my stealth 700's and they worked again. They wont be fully wireless anymore, more like a hybrid between wired and wireless because the cable is what facilitates your connection to xbox audio, but you can still use bluetooth for music while you play which was the reason i got mine. Sounds fine to me, not sure what cables work and what don't but if you can get the hyperx cloud alpha in-line mic cable because that works for me.

Solution from YouTube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1EC912F9-3D3E-4C92-9CE0-54921DDE9926.jpeg
E6969188-F5EA-415E-A49E-D790F32E7D7B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Avid

Thanks for the reply , this is exactly the stage i am at to be honest but for some reason still cant use them as i should be able to IE wireless to the xbox and the reason for the post , it has to be something that causes this as many have had this and there must be a fix.
If leaving the aux cable in allows it to connect something must have died or shorted somewhere in the headset?

Hi Avid

Thanks for the reply , this is exactly the stage i am at to be honest but for some reason still cant use them as i should be able to IE wireless to the xbox and the reason for the post , it has to be something that causes this as many have had this and there must be a fix.
If leaving the aux cable in allows it to connect something must have died or shorted somewhere in the headset?

The only fix I could find was theYouTube vid

I also find this comment on ifixit

Sounds like a circuit design issue.. The Aux jack has a switch inside that is triggered by the plug. The switch is normally closed (with nothing plugged in). I put in a hard plastic straw and it opened the switch and then it would power on. (so you don't need the cable or any metal. Just physically open the contacts of the switch). After doing that I was able to fully charge the battery and connect online and verify it has the latest firmware. It powers on but with a white LED not a green. the rest of the functions seems to work.
Anyone at Turtle Beach have an answer for this??

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that too , frustrating that no one has firm answer to this

Back