Tuner swap - is it easy

S

Smiler2005

I have a sat dbox and would like to remove the tuner to fit a cable one.

As I am having a real issue with the cable box, I though I might be able to utilise the sat one as I know it has a good sportster image on it.

Rgds
STeve

are they of the same make? .. i dont think it iwll be easy just buy a new nokia dbox2 cable ..

To put it simple..... it will be the hardest electronics thing that you ever do! Swapping a tuner for one of the same type is hard enough.... swapping a cable tuner for a sat tuner and vice versa is even worse!

have a look at the hardware .. loooots of soldering ..

Its a soldering job, you need a new cable tuner and you have to change parts on the mainboard.
Normally it makes no sense. Sell the sat box and buy a cable box.

there does not seem to be a market for the sat ones though, unless someone knows different.

yeah there is stick it on ebay stating it is a SAT version .. i think u will get a decent price .. u can still use it to receive all free to air Sat tv which is a looot .. not all very interesting but there are many channels

cooltool said:
yeah there is stick it on ebay stating it is a SAT version .. i think u will get a decent price .. u can still use it to receive all free to air Sat tv which is a looot .. not all very interesting but there are many channels

Thnx, I bought it from a bloke on fleabay who stated that it worked with TW, NTL and C&W. To me this means that it is a Cable Dbox. He had carefully removed the word cable from the title of the auction. Basically he copied the whole ad of the bloke he got it from.

When I received it, surprise surprise it had a sat tuner. I complained and he said that he had not stated that it was a cable or sat box and he sent what he had described. I queried it wit Paypal i.e. raised a dispute with them and they are in the process of deciding.

I don't hold out much hope of getting my money back though. I think I will just do as you suggest and list it as a sat box.

Thnx again.

you can complain to ebay, the item might fall into "fals advertised" and u can get some money back. i did it with a dbox1 i got which should have been a dbox2. Also leave the idiot some nice negative feedback allways rewarding ;)
Just sell it honestly on ebay stat that you can get over 1000's of channels if you set it up right. i think u'll get at least 30 to 40 quid .. its after all a digital satelite receiver which are not that cheap ...

I just hope that paypal review the ad and don't say something along the lines of "you bought something to use illegally."

As for the neg feedback, I find it pretty useless. I have 100% positive but only because I never leave neg for anyone. I just dont leave feedback. You tend to find that if u leave neg then they will also.

Rgds

Back