tuner broken ?

billyk

Inactive User
Reaction score
my 4001 box goes from pace to tune nit then to boot, soon as it goes to boot it turns itself off, anyone any ideas ? i tried pulling the red jumper, no change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
try pressing the standby button mate . sure i had one that donr something similar and it turned off .i pressed standby and it came to life .good luck

Thanks for that mate, no joy but what i have noticed is this problem only occurs when i jave the actual ntl cable in, yanno the actual cable line.

i have had a few like this how long u leaving it before giving up ? try leaving it a while i went to bed and left mine came down next morning and it was working

General note about CIMs.

A frequently occurring problem is the centre conductor of the F Connector breaking from the PCB, this can be caused by over tightening of the connector and other stresses. While looking inside a tuner it is worth examining this soldered joint and reworking it if necessary.
I've taken this from the cable guide i don't know if this would or wouldn't be the problem but it's worth a try.
[DLMURL]http://www.world-of-digital.com/vortex/talkback.html[/DLMURL]

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
billyk said:
my 4001 box goes from pace to tune nit then to boot, soon as it goes to boot it turns itself off, anyone any ideas ? i tried pulling the red jumper, no change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sounds like a normal 4001 boot process to me.Once boot is displayed there will be no lights lit on the front display panel, giving the appearance that it is no longer powered. After a short period of time there will be some led activity as the box starts to complete the boot up process. Just leave it a short while and see what happens.

Regards.........Chookey​

Thanks for all the help guys, it's much appreciated, i'll give them all a try, see what happens.

Thanks again.

Back