tuner broken ?

billyk

Inactive User
Reaction score
my 4001 box goes from pace to tune nit then to boot, soon as it goes to boot it turns itself off, anyone any ideas ? i tried pulling the red jumper, no change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

teg

Member ++
Reaction score
try pressing the standby button mate . sure i had one that donr something similar and it turned off .i pressed standby and it came to life .good luck

billyk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thanks for that mate, no joy but what i have noticed is this problem only occurs when i jave the actual ntl cable in, yanno the actual cable line.

fallenhalo

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have had a few like this how long u leaving it before giving up ? try leaving it a while i went to bed and left mine came down next morning and it was working

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
General note about CIMs.

A frequently occurring problem is the centre conductor of the F Connector breaking from the PCB, this can be caused by over tightening of the connector and other stresses. While looking inside a tuner it is worth examining this soldered joint and reworking it if necessary.
I've taken this from the cable guide i don't know if this would or wouldn't be the problem but it's worth a try.
[DLMURL]http://www.world-of-digital.com/vortex/talkback.html[/DLMURL]

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:

chookey

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
billyk said:
my 4001 box goes from pace to tune nit then to boot, soon as it goes to boot it turns itself off, anyone any ideas ? i tried pulling the red jumper, no change.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Sounds like a normal 4001 boot process to me.Once boot is displayed there will be no lights lit on the front display panel, giving the appearance that it is no longer powered. After a short period of time there will be some led activity as the box starts to complete the boot up process. Just leave it a short while and see what happens.

Regards.........Chookey​

billyk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys, it's much appreciated, i'll give them all a try, see what happens.

Thanks again.

TEST